Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 via Parcel motel

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cramp wrote: »

So just to confirm it is pre orders tomorrow at 8.01 am ye???

We don't know yet. It's either 12:01 tonight or 8:01 in the morning.
    Seemly it was 12:01 for the 5S.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

all googling that iam doing is pointing to 8.01 Friday morn!

cramp wrote: »
    all googling that iam doing is pointing to 8.01 Friday morn!

Yep, 8.01am based on the fact that the Australian site is still unavailable to buy and it's well past mid night there.

Just to confirm, it's only €7 to extend your cover to €1000. So buying through PM will only cost you €11.95.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Apple store bein updated now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

godtabh wrote: »
    Apple store bein updated now

And it's still not ready!!!! Grrr

I'm in the process of buying at the moment and it says des patched in 3-4 weeks. Delivery 10 Oct - 17 Oct

Is this normal to buy them time but it will really ship on launch day or will they genuinely only ship then???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jarvis wrote: »
    I'm in the process of buying at the moment and it says des patched in 3-4 weeks. Delivery 10 Oct - 17 Oct

Is this normal to buy them time but it will really ship on launch day or will they genuinely only ship then???

All the available units have been reserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

It may not be 3-4 weeks but it will definitely not be launch day.

godtabh wrote: »
    All the available units have been reserved.

Surely not. So am I better off waiting for Irish launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Surely not. So am I better off waiting for Irish launch?

You will most likely get it around the 10th. If you wait for Irish release you will still need to add 3-4 weeks to that date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Wait, I thought if we ordered on the 26th we'd get it by the week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

does anyone know when apple charge your card? when you order or when dispatched?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Wait, I thought if we ordered on the 26th we'd get it by the week after?

Nope. Pre order starts on 26th. They still won't be dispatched until Irish official launch day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Has anyone ordered today and used PM? I've never used PM but would love to order the phone today. It's coming up with 7-10 day delivery timeframe. Using PM would that add an extra day or two??

kceire wrote: »
    Nope. Pre order starts on 26th. They still won't be dispatched until Irish official launch day.

no i think theres no pre orders for Ireland, Apple.ie says "available to order on the 26th" so the 26th is the official Irish launch date

Has anyone ordered today and used PM? I've never used PM but would love to order the phone today. It's coming up with 7-10 day delivery timeframe. Using PM would that add an extra day or two??

I have, it told me it will "dispatch on the 19th" altho i highly doubt that

Yes. Allow some time for the phone to enter PM's system and then trucked down to your motel.

Add 2 days max I imagine. But it can be quicker. You can be lucky in terms of what time the truck leaves newtonabbey etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Have a 16gb 6+ space grey reserved. If anyone wants to swap for either a 64gb space grey or 64gb silver let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

kceire wrote: »

26th is the Irish official launch day. All the carriers have confirmed they'll have it in store and online on the 26th.

• Advertisement

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    26th is the Irish official launch day. All the carriers have confirmed they'll have it in store and online on the 26th.

What about sim free? If purchased from Apple on the 26th will we be waiting log???

What about sim free? If purchased from Apple on the 26th will we be waiting log???

few weeks i reckon

ukoda wrote: »
    few weeks i reckon

Parcel Motel it is then!!! Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Is there any difference between ordering from uk thru parcel motel and appl.ie? In terms of warranty etc, I wouldn't mind waiting till the 26th to order from apple.ie but I don't want be waiting 3-5 weeks after that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

I'd say that anyone's phones that are delivered on launch day will be in their respective parcel motels for late that evening. I generally get an email from parcel motel at about 12:30am at night saying my parcel has arrived at local facility and then a text the next morning saying the same, make sure If your using parcel motel that you've upped your liability for the phone

Kagawa wrote: »
    Is there any difference between ordering from uk thru parcel motel and appl.ie? In terms of warranty etc, I wouldn't mind waiting till the 26th to order from apple.ie but I don't want be waiting 3-5 weeks after that!!

makes no odds, my iPhone 5 was bought in dublin and the lock button broke when i was in London, took it to an apple store and they swapped it out for a new one no questions asked (was still within the 1 year warranty)

Thanks ukoda, but I couldn't order today from work and now the shipping time has gone from 7-10 days to 3+ weeks, so I'm better off waiting for the irish launch now, bummer!!!

I just reserved a 6 64Gb space grey for 8-9 pm, would have to come from cork, i don't know for sure if i'll go though, its a long long way, do you still have to queue? or just walk in?

I was going to use parcel motel but the uk store is now listing 3-4 weeks for shipping, so there goes that!

Kagawa wrote: »
    I just reserved a 6 64Gb space grey for 8-9 pm, would have to come from cork, i don't know for sure if i'll go though, its a long long way, do you still have to queue? or just walk in?

I was going to use parcel motel but the uk store is now listing 3-4 weeks for shipping, so there goes that!

Just walk in I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Just ordered mine, iPhone 6 16GB

it's saying dispatched 7-10 working days but estimated delivery 29 Sep, 2014 - 02 Oct, 2014.

Just hoping i put the parcel motel address in properly :D

Advertisement