Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 via Parcel motel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd say that anyone's phones that are delivered on launch day will be in their respective parcel motels for late that evening. I generally get an email from parcel motel at about 12:30am at night saying my parcel has arrived at local facility and then a text the next morning saying the same, make sure If your using parcel motel that you've upped your liability for the phone

hopefully..I've reset mine to limerick but I work down in cork so if it arrives monday I've to wait the whole day for it :(
    arrives in limerick and I have it for the weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Anyone here ever order from any of the UK Phone companies(carphone warehouse,phones4u)...I see some have the 6 plus sim free and are saying available for 19/09.

svt0eq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

*We are awaiting confirmation of when our stock will arrive from Apple. Within the next 7 days, we will send you a text message with an update on delivery dates.

This disclaimer is on the carphone warehouse site so I'd imagine they are just putting down 19/9 at the moment and there is a possibility of the date being pushed out if phone supply is low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

as pointed out.....

Make sure you increase the liability for the phone.

Also, make sure you activate it once you get the email from Apple saying the phone is shipped as the additional liability costs money and is only valid for 14 days

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I paid for mine online and got an email with my order number and telling me they will notify me once despatched. When I chaeck my bank account there is not money taken and no pending transaction!!! I was only checking to see what the Euro conversion worked out at.
    Is this normal? I missed the first batch so my shipping time is 3-4 weeks, is this when the funds will be taken? It's my first time ordering on launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

jarvis wrote: »
    I paid for mine online and got an email with my order number and telling me they will notify me once despatched. When I chaeck my bank account there is not money taken and no pending transaction!!! I was only checking to see what the Euro conversion worked out at.
    Is this normal? I missed the first batch so my shipping time is 3-4 weeks, is this when the funds will be taken? It's my first time ordering on launch day.

Best practice in any ecommerce transaction is to only charge when shipping the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Normally ur cc won't get charged till item is shipped!

I ordered silver 6L 64gb via parcel motel on launch day
    I got delayed on ordering coz internet explorer/chrome could not connect to apple site , just got the message 'we will be back soon'
    Loaded safari at 8.25 and got in straight away , but delivery is 30sept!!!!
    This not been able to log other than using safari was happening all over the USA also....... All other web browswer worked ok after 8.30ish..... Very strange..

It's possible that apple.ie will have units to ship for Irish launch date as they reserve some for Irish launch so there are some on the market , the carriers will defo have some !!

My problem was Safari wasn't working either and neither was chrome. I ended up using my phone on 3G and got straight onto the store. My delivery date isn't till October 10th.

Last year when i ordered an 5s iphone from apple uk on preorder it was delivered a week earlier than the ship estimate date... so u might get it earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

For the guys who ordered early last Friday, what estimated delivery dates is it showing?

I ordered just after midday and it's saying 26th September to 2nd October. iPhone 6.

• Advertisement

pilot1087 wrote: »
    For the guys who ordered early last Friday, what estimated delivery dates is it showing?

I ordered just after midday and it's saying 26th September to 2nd October. iPhone 6.

Ordered mine at 8.38, and it shows as Shipping the 19th

Ordered mine at 8.38, and it shows as Shipping the 19th

Cool what did u order?
    I ordered at around the same time a 6l 64gb and have a delivery date of
    30th sep /2nd oct

What case did u order as no one has anything proper/correct dimensions
    Other than apple store..... I ordered an apple leather black from uk store yesterday and a zagg screen protector also

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bazzz wrote: »
    Anyone here ever order from any of the UK Phone companies(carphone warehouse,phones4u)...I see some have the 6 plus sim free and are saying available for 19/09.

svt0eq.jpg

Don't order from Phones4U. They are ****ed

cramp wrote: »
    Cool what did u order?
    I ordered at around the same time a 6l 64gb and have a delivery date of
    30th sep /2nd oct

What case did u order as no one has anything proper/correct dimensions
    Other than apple store..... I ordered an apple leather black from uk store yesterday and a zagg screen protector also

Ordered 6, 64GB Space Grey. I did order a Case, but it said delivery some 4 days later. so cancelled it

I ordered this from Amazon and it says Shipped, will do until i find the best one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JH88DO6/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Ordered 6, 64GB Space Grey. I did order a Case, but it said delivery some 4 days later. so cancelled it

I ordered this from Amazon and it says Shipped, will do until i find the best one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JH88DO6/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

I didn't see that one ....
    Keep us updated with your apple ship and parcel motel time frame !!! Please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ordered this case from Amazon and got it today, really really nice actually.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JH88BTI/ref=twister_B00M3EWD8S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

dmcg90 wrote: »

I got the same one for the 6 Plus, boy will this phone be big!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

McGrath5 wrote: »
    I got the same one for the 6 Plus, boy will this phone be big!

Just be aware when ordering, theres no protection for the camera bump with that case.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dmcg90 wrote: »

Ordered the same myself. Should have it later or tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

kceire wrote: »
    Ordered the same myself. Should have it later or tomorrow.

I have one of those on my G3 and tbh I won't be ordering it again it leaves an awful lot of crap into the back of the phone so much so the back of the phone is marked.

• Advertisement

F34 wrote: »
    I have one of those on my G3 and tbh I won't be ordering it again it leaves an awful lot of crap into the back of the phone so much so the back of the phone is marked.

Thats mad, i had one on my 5 for a year without issue.
    Maybe the square design of the 5 better helped it?

for a tenner, it was worth buying to have ready when the phone is picked up. My ass would i give €35 for the leather Apple one if im being honest.

Thats mad, i had one on my 5 for a year without issue.
    Maybe the square design of the 5 better helped it?

for a tenner, it was worth buying to have ready when the phone is picked up. My ass would i give €35 for the leather Apple one if im being honest.

In fairness the other Spigen cases I've had were good was just disappointed with this one I presume it's just due to the amount of openings on it for the G3

F34 wrote: »
    In fairness the other Spigen cases I've had were good was just disappointed with this one I presume it's just due to the amount of openings on it for the G3

Ive had the Slim Armour, the Neo hybrid and the Poetic Atmoshere. Favourite was the Poetic Athmoshere for some reason, ended up selling the others!

Yeah had the slim Armour on the s5 and it was a great case. Knowing how bulky the Spigen is on the G3 I'm looking at the other cases to cover the 6 plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

My ass would i give €35 for the leather Apple one if im being honest.

you cheapass :D

I ordered the black one..for some reason I thought I had ordered the grey iphone but actually went for the silver one..

Blazer wrote: »

I ordered the black one..for some reason I thought I had ordered the grey iphone but actually went for the silver one..

I ordered the same myself.....

Quick review of them here
    http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-iphone-6-plus-leather-case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Anyone not paying for the additional insurance?

€10 seems a lot for something that needs to be signed for anyway.

ucd.1985 wrote: »

€10 seems like pittance compared to an €800 phone if it gets damaged on the way, by falling or water or anything. Don't forget they only signed for at the door of parcel motel. From then on your at PM's own internal policy, conditions and liability.
    Blazer wrote: »

I'll probably get into the store up there and end up buying one :o

ucd.1985 wrote: »

Once Apple get a signature From Parcel motel in Belfast that's there bit done
    Then its in Parcel motel(nightline) hands till it arrives in your locker...

As far as I read here its only actually 7 euro to increase liability to 1000euro

My order has changed from "processing" yesterday to "preparing for dispatch" today

I ordered a silver 6+ 64gb i think i would have preferred a space grey!!!!!

What the movement on you guys with delivery dates of 19th!!!!

• Advertisement

The extra few bob will definitely be worth it. While I trust PM to get the package to me safely you just never know what might happen. Lost in transit, stolen from a van, accidentally dropped, accidentally some water gets into the package etc. For the sake of €10 I know I will get my phone or at the very least my money back.

Advertisement