Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 via Parcel motel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

cramp wrote: »
    Once Apple get a signature From Parcel motel in Belfast that's there bit done
    Then its in Parcel motel(nightline) hands till it arrives in your locker...

As far as I read here its only actually 7 euro to increase liability to 1000euro

My order has changed from "processing" yesterday to "preparing for dispatch" today

I ordered a silver 6+ 64gb i think i would have preferred a space grey!!!!!

What the movement on you guys with delivery dates of 19th!!!!
    My one has said 'Preparing for dispatch' since Sunday.
    It still does. They'll have to get moving this evening for Friday delivery won't they? Pity I'll have to wait till Tues/Wed next week for PM to land it.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    My one has said 'Preparing for dispatch' since Sunday.
    It still does. They'll have to get moving this evening for Friday delivery won't they? Pity I'll have to wait till Tues/Wed next week for PM to land it.

Wohoo!!!! dispatch email ☺☺☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Let me make sure I've read this right?

People are complaining that €10 is pricey for extra insurance after shelling out £600 plus for a phone?

Wow.

Akin to buy a new Ferrari and only getting 3rd party/fire/theft insurance on it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Half kicking myself I didn't go the PM route now. I was kinda limited as I couldn't get onto the online store until 8.50am though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

on the way to Parcel Motel

ScreenShot2014-09-17at193907_zps2a0fe3c5.png

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Let me make sure I've read this right?

People are complaining that €10 is pricey for extra insurance after shelling out £600 plus for a phone?

Wow.

Akin to buy a new Ferrari and only getting 3rd party/fire/theft insurance on it.

For one day of insurance - yes I do.

Parcel Motel are offering a service for which they get paid.

The should be comfortably able to offer that service without damaging your goods in the process.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    For one day of insurance - yes I do.

Parcel Motel are offering a service for which they get paid.

The should be comfortably able to offer that service without damaging your goods in the process.

It's 14 days of increased liability. Listen it's personal choice, you choose not to pay it, that's fair enough, that's why its a free world (to a certain extent). Some people are happy to pay an extra €7 for €1k worth of liability, I know I would if I was buying through PM.

It's the same with An Post, max declared value is in the very verly low hundreds, I think it's €300 IIRC, as I had to send a dress back to Holland for my mam valued at €517 and An Post told me, that's the max we will pay out if we damage it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I just wonder if they lost your phone or it got damaged, how long does it take to claim back your money? I've had one instance where I got a text to say I had a parcel waiting for me, turned out it wasn't for me at all and I got the text in error, I was still able to open the locker and take the box out, I did the honest thing and rang their customer service and left it back in the locker, but imagine that happened to your iPhone and someone decided to take it, that's why I'm on the fence on ordering from UK or just go with Irish store. BTW €10 is small price to pay just to be sure!

in case anyone is wondering, your see SYNCREON PARCEL as the carrier, then you try and search for the package on their site....Dont

They are a holding company and the package is usually delivered by UK Mail

add you tracking ID to this instead instead

https://www.ukmail.com/manage-my-delivery/manage-my-delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Got a despatch email.

On the way from Shanghai with UPS and scheduled for delivery on Monday to Parcel Motel.

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Gekko wrote: »
    Got a despatch email.

On the way from Shanghai with UPS and scheduled for delivery on Monday to Parcel Motel.

When did you order?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

in case anyone is wondering, your see SYNCREON PARCEL as the carrier, then you try and search for the package on their site....Dont

They are a holding company and the package is usually delivered by UK Mail

add you tracking ID to this instead instead

https://www.ukmail.com/manage-my-delivery/manage-my-delivery

Had checked mine this morning and it was on the way. Since about 12pm that site can't find mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Do ukmail use the Nightline Depot up north for their deliveries , mine is currently in birmingham , christ i hope it gets to antrim in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Got a despatch email.

And what was your original delivery date

RVN10 wrote: »
    Do ukmail use the Nightline Depot up north for their deliveries , mine is currently in birmingham , christ i hope it gets to antrim in the morning.

Mine just says collected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

boc121 wrote: »
    When did you order?
    Cheers.
    cramp wrote: »
    And what was your original delivery date

I ordered on 12th, originally it advised me delivery would be between the 29th and Oct 1st.

So I'm fairly happy I'll be getting it about a week earlier than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I ordered on 12th, originally it advised me delivery would be between the 29th and Oct 1st.

So I'm fairly happy I'll be getting it about a week earlier than that!

Hopefully thats a sign of things to come. Mine is 10th to the 17th of October so fingers crossed it's a little earlier.

Mine just says collected
    just means UKmail has it in their system and it's on it's way to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Just got my dispatch email ...
    Was due to be delivered by 30th sep- 2oct
    Now saying 23sept
    6+64gb

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

Has anybody's iPhone made the ukmail sortation facility yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Which line of the address did you put your PMID on?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 freelife2014

Nothing yet for me on UPS or Fedex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

just ordered space grey 6+ 64gb. saying delivery oct 15-22. Hoping that delivery time shortens. I reckon it'll still be quicker ordering from UK via PM now than waiting for the irish site to take orders on 26th. Last year delivery times were 3-4 weeks immediatly for the irish site, they had no extra stock put aside for the irish launch.

This is all my tracking info....
    322655.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Cant get a tracking result through the uk mail portal but the syncreon system has it as being in Belfast as of this morning so hopefully like the 5S from last year it will be with me via PM tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Just picked up a Spigen 6+ slim armour case from amazon to have something to put the phone in once it arrives and it dwarfs the 5s, but still doesn't feel too big in the had, can't wait to get my hands on it. Photos below.

Got a text around 5am this morning from parcel motel to say my package arrived, at work so can't get to it until this evening, hopefully it'd not just the case, both order statuses on UK Mail show as being delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Blazer wrote: »
    Got a text around 5am this morning from parcel motel to say my package arrived, at work so can't get to it until this evening, hopefully it'd not just the case, both order statuses on UK Mail show as being delivered

I'd imagine they put both together at the sorting office in Antrim if both were posted seperately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

Is this not a bit random - it delivered and now it's saying est monday ? :-

22nd September 2014 @ 00:00:00 - BELFAST, ,GB - ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE

19th September 2014 @ 18:00:00 - HINCKLEY GB - ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE

19th September 2014 @ 08:53:00 -BELFAST, ,GB -DELIVERED

Advertisement