Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarp repair

Options
  • 27-08-2014 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi folks

I have a DD Tarp that has 2 little wear holes, the biggest hole is bout 10mm long oval,

they're right alongside each other and it worries me that they may meet up to cause a major rip,

I thought of using glue and a little patch but again I worry that glue might burn the polyester,

anybody got an idea on how to fix this, "A stich in time"

in anticipation of your help I thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

McNett's Tenacious Tape as recommended by DD themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Or if it's handy, spinnaker tape, which is probably exactly the same thing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Or the greatest tape man has ever created pro clima tescon vana Airtightness tape. I use it to repair everything and I mean everything.
    It works under water, you can freeze it, there's nothing it can't stick. Glue is certified to last for 120yrs.
    Approx €30 per 30m roll.
    This stuff makes duct tape look like masking tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

thanks for taking the time to help,

I will pop into town to try get the McNets or Spinnaker tomorrow, the other sound like good stuff but too pricey for the amount I be using, thanks anyroad,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

hexosan wrote: »
    Or the greatest tape man has ever created pro clima tescon vana Airtightness tape. I use it to repair everything and I mean everything.
    It works under water, you can freeze it, there's nothing it can't stick. Glue is certified to last for 120yrs.
    Approx €30 per 30m roll.
    This stuff makes duct tape look like masking tape.
    Does it close (healing not guaranteed...) cuts in flesh better than superglue though? :)

€1 per metre is a good price, but why is it not sold in smaller/cheaper lengths?

And why it does it have five words in its name?

tl/dr Want to sell a few metres? I will pay p&p... ;)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Pro clima a brand of Airtightness products used in construction and tescon vana is the name of the tape. There's also a lighter more flexible tape called tescon No. 1. But the vana is a far stronger tape (material not glue). I wouldn't be using it on flesh as it's dam near impossible to get the stuff off.
    Should of added I've even used it about 8 weeks ago to seal a small rip in the middle of a kids trampoline & no sign of it coming off yet.

Reason it's not in smaller lengths is you use **** loads of the stuff when doing Airtightness taping on a building (you'll be looking for longer rolls not shorter)

Can be ordered off the net, from most (not all) building merchants or the Irish importer and supplier is ecological building supplies (that have a website) postage is free on orders over €30. Tape is €30.25 so that works out nicely.

Advertisement