Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

estate agent won't take down sign and it has damaged wall

Options
  • 27-08-2014 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I had my house up for sale, and two months later, ithe estate agent still hasn't taken down the sign through the house was withdrawn from market. I've asked them numerous times. A local handyman took down the top part of it with the sign attached but said he wouldn't take down the rest of it, as it was so badly put up that the wall would be damaged if he took it down. The estate agent is a well known Dublin agent. My solicitor has sent them a solicitor's letter, and I've said I will refer them to the Property Services Authority, all to know avail - is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Not uncommon, when my brother bought his terrace house the timber holding the sign had been heavily nailed into old clay bricks (red brick) . Made ****e of several of the bricks .
    Similar on my own home but mine is a plastered stone wall so easy to cover up /repair .
    If you do get a Response from the estate agent it'll probably be to tell you that the sign was put up by a contractor, take it up with them... Could well cost you quite a bit of solicitor time to get the sign off ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement