Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband first time connection

Options
  • 27-08-2014 7:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi there, ive recently bought a new house and i am considering getting broadband installed. How do i know my phone lines are connected/ready to take broadband. There is a master socket in the hall. What is the procedure then if i am not connected. Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

JR23 wrote: »
    Hi there, ive recently bought a new house and i am considering getting broadband installed. How do i know my phone lines are connected/ready to take broadband. There is a master socket in the hall. What is the procedure then if i am not connected. Thanks 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi JR23

It's quite easy, Firstly you will need to establish if a socket is already in the premises which can be reactivated without an engineer calling out, please attach a landline to the socket and dial 199000 - an automated voice will read back the old number if t can be reactivated. If there is no number read back to you the likelihood is that an engineer will be required.

In both cases (reactivation or installation) a call to eircom sales on free phone 1800503303 will be require dto order the service.

The best thing to do at this stage is PM me your specific address and I'll see if I can offer you an indication of what speeds to expect before ordering the line :)

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement