Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using phone in Florida

• 27-08-2014 9:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this apologies if not. I have an unlocked samsung galaxy note and i will be travelling to florida for 2 weeks. I will need to use my phone for a couple of calls over there both local numbers and back home and receive a few emails. I am on tesco mobile which is great but roaming has to be switched on for internet here.

I obviously will turn this off before i go , does anyone have any ideas on pay as you go e.tc. tesco is very expensive to make a call back home to ireland and to receive calls e.t.c.
    Should i buy pay as you go card here or does anyone recommend getting one in the states.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

depends on the signal but any time I go to the states, Chicago, I have a tmobile card. 50 dollars gets me unlimited mins, texts and 500mb of data. it depends though on how good the service is where you are going. surely you would have free wifi where you are staying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Thanks a mill , ill look into that yep should have free wi fi but may have to ring irish mobiles from time to time and i think tesco is 1.99 a minute but could be wrong

Advertisement