Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WiFi light on my modem is flashing orange; should it be?

Options
  • 27-08-2014 9:44am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is something that sounds stupid, but I recently noticed that the WiFi light on my modem is flashing orange; I could have sworn it used to be a solid green but over the last little while, it's always blinking orange.

It's an Eircom F1000 from ZyXEL, and I have efibre if that's important. I checked the user guide online, and it says this indicates the device is setting up a WPS connection. My net works fine enough (though I've noticed streaming quality has been very shakey recently), but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was broken and going to cause a problem down the line.

Thanks.

(EDIT: I maye have used the word "modem" instead of "router", but hopefully the brand name provided should show which I mean...sorry, I always get them confused.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sorry if this is something that sounds stupid, but I recently noticed that the WiFi light on my modem is flashing orange; I could have sworn it used to be a solid green but over the last little while, it's always blinking orange.

It's an Eircom F1000 from ZyXEL, and I have efibre if that's important. I checked the user guide online, and it says this indicates the device is setting up a WPS connection. My net works fine enough (though I've noticed streaming quality has been very shakey recently), but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was broken and going to cause a problem down the line.

Thanks.

(EDIT: I maye have used the word "modem" instead of "router", but hopefully the brand name provided should show which I mean...sorry, I always get them confused.)

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Lord TSC[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font][font=Times New Roman","serif]This indicates the modem is in WPS mode, (searching for wireless devices) - Activated by pressing and holding the wifi button on the modem. You can turn it off by equally pressing & holding the wifi button although WPS mode does not have an impact on service :)[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement