Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re football bet on both teams in same match.

Options
  • 27-08-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Please tell me if this is correct.

Last night, one hour before kick-off, MKDons were 7/1 to win, while Man. Utd. were 2/5, with Paddy Power.

Therefore, if I put €5 to win on ManU, I would collect €7.

While if I put €1 on MKDons to win, I would collect €8.

Therefore, for a total stake of €6 (two bets - €5 + €1), I would make €1 (16%), if ManU won, and €2 (32%) if MKDons won - within 90 minutes.

Is this correct? Are the odds fixed at the time of the bet?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You've not counted the odds of it being a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

irish_goat wrote: »
    You've not counted the odds of it being a draw.

I accept that if it's a draw I lose my €6. I was simply asking if I'm dreaming, or can I actually hedge my bets in the same event as outlined above? :rolleyes:

Actually, you've preempted my next question which was going to be, can I bet such that I get my money back in the event of a draw?

Thanks again.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Dinarius wrote: »
    can I bet such that I get my money back in the event of a draw?

Yes (in a market called "Draw-no-bet") but the odds will be less than in the market where the Draw is a factor so you still can't bet both sides and win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Understood.

Looking at Paddy Power and Boylesports right now, with an account with each, you could almost break even - but not quite - for Arsenal vs. Besiktas with a Draw-no-bet.

Too good to be true.

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement