Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing question

Options
  • 27-08-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

does anyone know the delvin river,,im asking cause id like to try fishing on it,but ive seen a good spot in the forrest near or at the golf course in gormanstown,,have you any idea if there is a place to park a car around the area and walk through the forrest to get to the river,,or if you know anyone that knows,,thanks all,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mattcullen

Gormanston Anglers have the rights to the river but not sure how much of it. Probably best to contact them first

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

mattcullen wrote: »
    Gormanston Anglers have the rights to the river but not sure how much of it. Probably best to contact them first

I always wondered about this, how can a group of people have rights over others? Is it on private land and they pay a fee to the owner or how do they ensure a monopoly?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mattcullen

Not sure of the ins and outs of it tbh. As far as I know fishing rights are not the same as property rights so a club would generally own or lease the fishing rights but they wouldn't generally own the land adjacent to the river.

I'm sure there's a few people on this forum who would be better informed on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegan246

thanks all,,is there a place to park a car at all,a safe place,,i would be only corse fishing and catch and release program,not interested in poching as id like to bring my 5yr old son with me sometime,,just a nice place to sit and do a spot of fishing,,dont think the fishing club goes back that far,,,if anyone knows please let me know,,sick of the sea fishing for mack,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭KAI.Fundraiser

donegan246 wrote: »
    thanks all,,is there a place to park a car at all,a safe place,,i would be only corse fishing and catch and release program,not interested in poching as id like to bring my 5yr old son with me sometime,,just a nice place to sit and do a spot of fishing,,dont think the fishing club goes back that far,,,if anyone knows please let me know,,sick of the sea fishing for mack,,

If its a club stretch then more than likely there is a day ticket system. Ask in shops or garages near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    I always wondered about this, how can a group of people have rights over others? Is it on private land and they pay a fee to the owner or how do they ensure a monopoly?

As far as I know, around Kildare anyway, it's a land commission issue. Farmers brought up from other parts of the country awarded rights to the land but not the waters that pass through them and so clubs appeal for ownership in an effort to maintain and oversea angling on it?

can you corse fish on the river boyne in drogheda,,is there corse fish in it,,

Boyne at oldbridge

Per PREBAIT WEBSITE
    Submit photo
    Large deep river, canal
    GPS Location: 53.7182 -6.42533
    Best fished: Evening/Early morning, fishes worst during bright sunny weather
    Most productive methods: Pole/feeder or slider if your adventurous
    Species: Bream, Eel, Gudgeon, Hybrid, Perch, Pike, Roach-Bream, Rudd, Tench
    Facilities:
    Number of swims: 0
    Season: Year round but liable to flood
    Methods: Pole and feeder
    Permits: Coarse fishing free, game angling controlled by club

hi srameen,,where abouts is oldbridge,,dont know drogheda that well,,,is it near the town or the cable bridge,,,thanks

• Advertisement

Have a look at google maps.

thanks,,i did look and not to far from the cable bridge,,nice one

Advertisement