Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Lord!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

Sully wrote: »
    Well by shopping around and being price aware you will see there are numerous car parks where you wont have to keep checking your watch.

Yeah, there is a few alrite.
    Thanks to those who replied with prices of the various car-parks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

never mind parking fees, but jesus still charging to use the toilets in a modern shopping centre (City Square) really is taking the p*ss! Now before anyone says I could have gone somewhere else it was for my 4 year old son so it was a rushed moment!

Seriously though, Waterford is the only place where I've seen this charging to use the toilets in a shopping centre. And to top it off I had a great laugh at the bronze plate saying that these new toilet facilities were opened by none other than the mighty Brenda O'Donoghue of RTE 2FM fame...how much did that cost...and seriously, what sort of hopeless 'celebrity' turns up to open a new toilet facility...pathetically funny on so many levels.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

never mind parking fees, but jesus still charging to use the toilets in a modern shopping centre (City Square) really is taking the p*ss! Now before anyone says I could have gone somewhere else it was for my 4 year old son so it was a rushed moment!

Seriously though, Waterford is the only place where I've seen this charging to use the toilets in a shopping centre. And to top it off I had a great laugh at the bronze plate saying that these new toilet facilities were opened by none other than the mighty Brenda O'Donoghue of RTE 2FM fame...how much did that cost...and seriously, what sort of hopeless 'celebrity' turns up to open a new toilet facility...pathetically funny on so many levels.

Fairly common but it appears to be a generation thing - newer places don't but older places do (St Stephens Green - prime location, charged to use the loo). Wait a few minutes in City Square and you will get in for free anyway.

Brenda and Gerry would have been big enough names, it's just marketing / publicity. No big deal really and the cost of the plaque is their own choice that cost very little and hasn't cost you anything (usually that remark is associated with tax payers money).

Advertisement