Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5s Accessories

• 27-08-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

Just got new iPhone5s - I would like to buy a nice looking cover/case for it which will give good protection. Also what are the best sticky covers for the front o it to prevent scratches??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Just got new iPhone5s - I would like to buy a nice looking cover/case for it which will give good protection. Also what are the best sticky covers for the front o it to prevent scratches??

Otterbox, Sturdy as ****

otterbox_defender_iphone_4_case_2.jpg

Also do screen protectors

3619.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Thanks - Very bulky looking though!!! I like to keep the phone size as slim as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Thanks - Very bulky looking though!!! I like to keep the phone size as slim as possible

Then you won't get the protection you are looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I have a 'speck' case - I got it in arnotts & it was around €25. It's slim enough and I think is as much bumper protection as I would need. A screen protector is a really good idea. Replacing that glass can cost €130+.
    Speck cases are sold in actual apple stores too (saw them in the UK).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Apple do nice cases themselves. Quality cases are usually from a brand like otterbox and others. If you just want a good case that they sell in you local phoneshop then you might as well look on ebay, amazon or really cheap on dx.com but that last one takes about a month to receive (free shipping though).
    Really don't see the need for a screen protector unless you carry it in your pocket with your keys or something the screen isn't gonna scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'm with the previous poster - screen protectors aren't really necessary if you just take basic care with it. Plus they ruin the feel of the display for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I have tired all sorts of cases for my 4s, from slim to clip on plastic ones.

But I now have the otterbox defender, the one shown above and it's the best case I've ever had. It looks and feels no where near as bulky as you think and feels far more solid in the hand and the rubber offers better grip. It also has a built in screen protector you don't need to apply so no bubbles. I never liked screen protectors as they always felt different but you honestly wouldn't know it was even in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Have a tech21 case that I picked up in the 5ave store. Nice bit of protection while not been too bulky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Get the official apple leather case. It's slim and has a lovely texture and actually protects the phone very well. I've dropped mine loads of times and the case saved it.

Advertisement