Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice Jeans for Women

• 27-08-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 Darlaine

Can anyone recommend nice women's jeans that are not expensive! I find any jeans that are cheap look cheap and the bum's never look nice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I get my jeans in Topshop and they are always are really good fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ditto for topshop. Leigh jeans are the best and they have all different sizes and lengths so ya can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

big fan of Oasis Jade brand - lost count how many I have. Recently purchased Isabelle brand and they are just as good - both about 50 quid I say !

Was also a big fan of the BAXTER from topshop - going mad they are discontinued - they were a fab fit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I love River Island jeans. I find the quality for the price is really very decent and they're pretty consistent with sizing too. It's the only place I buy jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

+1 for Topshop! The Leigh ones are great.

Won't wear any other High Street brand. They all lose shape after a couple of washes. French Connection are good too, but expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Currently buy Jasper Conran jeans in debenhams. They are lovely when you try them on and for the first few wears but then they go to shít. Are jeans not meant to last long or should I buy somewhere else? They'd be the guts of 50 euro too so not by any means cheap. :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I love New Look jeans. They have tonnes of them for €11.99 but they are only average. I got a couple of pairs around the €25 price range and I have found them great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Gap can be good and do pretty much every shape in all the shades so you should be able to get something that suits you there. I find the quality decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Not a girl, but a total denim head.

Cheap jeans lose their shape really quickly as the fabric weight is just too light and the fabric is of poor quality. Raw and heavyweight denim is designed for long-term use.

Really can't recommend APC or Naked and Famous Jean enough. They are quite expensive, but isn't it better to spend out and have jeans that will last a number of years (potentially) than buying multiple pairs of high street jeans that last less than a couple of months with anyway heavy wear?

APC can be bought through apc.fr and Naked and Famous through Tate and Yoko(prepare for customs charges as they are a canadian based site).Keep an eye out for sales as they happen quite often.

Hiut denim are another brand I can personally vouch for in terms of quality.They are handmade in Wales and are super tough. They have ladies jeans on sale at the moment in a number of sizes and fits.

The other positive I can give you regarding more expensive denim is that the fits are generally much better. E.g. boot cut, skinny and tapered fits. They also give measurements throughout the waist thigh and calf which are not only accurate at the point of purchase but generally stay more consistent throughout their lifespan.

Forget levis etc…They are of poorer quality than some high street brands such as GAP etc..(personal experience). Wash your jeans less(a lot less;- look at rawrdenim.com) and they will also keep their shape a lot better and gain some beautiful and unique creases from the movements you make on a daily basis.

I hope i have helped you at least a bit.

Regards,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

M&s five pocket jeggings are amazing, the fit is perfect, they come in loads of different colours, they don't go baggy at the knees (I have a toddler so constantly kneeling down) and they're €30!!

I have coh, r&r, g-star raw and the m&s are my fave :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭disj

hey on this top does anyone know where to get nice non skinny jeans? I am beyond sick of that being the only thing on offer in most shops and would prefer something with a flare. Thanks in advance!!

disj wrote: »
    hey on this top does anyone know where to get nice non skinny jeans? I am beyond sick of that being the only thing on offer in most shops and would prefer something with a flare. Thanks in advance!!

Next can be hit and miss on jeans but once I find the right pair in there I love them. They do all shapes and definitely do flared ones
    Got a couple pairs in there recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

gap also. If your budget stretches to it, try the various concessions in Arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Cant beat Tommy H jeans but for a cheaper alternative Oasis arent bad....love both fits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Red herring in debenhams are worth a look for jeans too IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

whatever76 wrote: »
    big fan of Oasis Jade brand - lost count how many I have. Recently purchased Isabelle brand and they are just as good - both about 50 quid I say !

Was also a big fan of the BAXTER from topshop - going mad they are discontinued - they were a fab fit !

Topshop changed the range to 'New Baxter' just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

yea but they are just not the same ! I picked up an old pair from a sale rail there few weeks back - 22 euro !! also stumbled accross M&S indigo jegging jean last week - 38 euro. They have pushed Jade into Second place - well recommend them for the price ! got 2 pairs already ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

disj wrote: »

Oasis have some nice ones in stock at the moment. I saw them in their shop on Stephen's Green yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I found some nice bootcut jeans in Dorothy Perkins a while back, €25 each or 2 for €35. They've kept their shape well with washing.

Advertisement