Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees and BTEA

Options
  • 27-08-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am 22 I finished a HND in June in Ballyfermot College and am now due to start a degree also in Ballyfermot College.

Do I qualify for BTEA? The reason I ask is that I live in the countryside and am 1km short for the non-adjacent grant (even though I get the same bus and pay the same fare as others in my college who live a few mins up the road and get the non-adjacent grant), at least with the BTEA I would be getting equivalent to dole (I think?) my bus fare is €52pw (student 10 journey fare) which is more than I would get with the grant!! I have a medical card which qualified me for free fees while doing the HND but does not for the Degree (don't understand why??)

It is looking like I will not be able to go back to college as I am dependent on my mother who is in a low income job, if anyone can give me any advice at all I would greatly appreciate it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 seanlennon2015

as far as i know , if you are over 21 you are entitled to it , my sister was in fas for two years and is now going in a plc to do a course in social care , she did have alot of trouble as most applicants have to sign on to the labour for 3 months and then sign on ti the back to education , she went down to her local office they rushed hers throw and has to get a letter from the college the day she registers and bring it back to the social welfare and they will change her payment ..

so id suggest getting a letter from the college and go down if you are recieving a payment it should be straight forward if not they maybe able to help !!

DONT GO TO YOUR RELIEVINING OFFICER GO TO your designated office like mine is bishop street

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 seanlennon2015

also regarding your bus fare get the weekly ticket on the leapcard by getting a student id card , then go to your local shop ask for the 5 day student it is 20 euro a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 juji

Thanks for advice, I'll follow up on it :)

Advertisement