Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast, old routers and efibre.

Options
  • 27-08-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 and couldn't get it to work with Chromecast. I bought the Chromecast a good few months ago but looking on these boards it looked like I need a new router, however I didn't pursue that as I was waiting for eFibre.
    So a few months waiting for eFibre, a mixup with contact number (my fault), and now I'm told that there's no additional capacity at the cabinet and no plans to increase it, which is really disappointing considering both my neighbours have it. 
    But anyhow - disappointment aside I now want to get the chromecast working with my current router - I'm not certain if I need a new one or a FW update or setting change - can anyone help?
    Z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Zadok wrote: »
    I have a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 and couldn't get it to work with Chromecast. I bought the Chromecast a good few months ago but looking on these boards it looked like I need a new router, however I didn't pursue that as I was waiting for eFibre.
    So a few months waiting for eFibre, a mixup with contact number (my fault), and now I'm told that there's no additional capacity at the cabinet and no plans to increase it, which is really disappointing considering both my neighbours have it. 
    But anyhow - disappointment aside I now want to get the chromecast working with my current router - I'm not certain if I need a new one or a FW update or setting change - can anyone help?
    Z
    Hi Zadok

I'm unaware of potential settings changes for chromecast so It would be best to contact eircoms technical support team on 1890260260 or via webchat here: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Advertisement