Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Pet Shelter

• 27-08-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any pet shops in Ireland that sell decent quality outdoor cat shelters. I went to the pet shop in Blanchardstown but they only sell indoor ones.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Does anyone know of any pet shops in Ireland that sell decent quality outdoor cat shelters. I went to the pet shop in Blanchardstown but they only sell indoor ones.

Thanks.

We just used a dog kennel & it worked very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We bought a wooden one from Amazon as we couldn't find anything we liked here. A lot of the ones designed for cats seemed too small and flimsy. Ours has a built in catflap that's always propped open since he doesn't like it shut, so a kennel that would suit a small dog would probably be fine.

Just be sure to insulate it and put some comfy bedding in as they can be cold in Winter. We raised ours slightly on blocks to keep damp out and pointed it at an angle the rain can't get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

I have a few feral cats in the sanctuary ( I also have stables and a barn so it's not that difficult for me) but I have a few shelters that I made following the attached picture-and there's always one or 2 in them.They love it.

Advertisement