Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education allowance , BTEA , help!

Options
  • 27-08-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys I'm a bit stressed worrying about this whole btea dilemma, basically in 2013/2013 I did an NVQ level 3 course in beauty therapy and was recieving btea allowance for it. But the entire time I was doing it I had wished I had done a healthcare course instead.

When I completed my beauty I signed back on job seekers and applied for a fas course in healthcare support and was successful in my application, completed 6 months of the course and ended up becoming extremely ill and was forced to leave it early on medical grounds.

When I left I was told I would have to apply for supplementary welfare allowance as I wasn't well enough for job seekers. At the start of summer I applied for a place on a new healthcare course which will get me into nursing and immediate employment which is a Btec level 3 extended national diploma in health sciences, I've now applied for btea and I'm absolutely praying I don't get rejected because I just won't be able to afford to go to college if I don't receive any money :(

Does anyone have any idea if I'll just be told no straight away for having a previous level 3 qualification? Or will they take into account my circumstances with being ill and having to leave my fas course? And also does anyone know is there any chance a btec level 3 is higher than an nvq level 3?

Literally any help at all will be appreciated I'm so so worried!

Comments

Advertisement