Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor eFibre service in Newbridge

Options
  • 27-08-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

We upgraded to EFibre a few weeks ago. In the last few days it has been down quite a lot, if not erratic. Currently the modem is telling me it can't form a DSL connection, and has been like this for the last two hours.

I've tried the standard turning off and on, using different devices to connect to the modem to no avail. What's going on here? Is there work currently going on in a local exchange? Currently quite unhappy with this service and would like to have this problem fixed soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

delta36 wrote: »
    Hi there,

We upgraded to EFibre a few weeks ago. In the last few days it has been down quite a lot, if not erratic. Currently the modem is telling me it can't form a DSL connection, and has been like this for the last two hours.

I've tried the standard turning off and on, using different devices to connect to the modem to no avail. What's going on here? Is there work currently going on in a local exchange? Currently quite unhappy with this service and would like to have this problem fixed soon.
    Hi delta36

I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately we are unable to test efibre connections from here. I would advise you to have a look at the following Self troubleshooting tips,

Self Troubleshooting efibre

If none of this is of any benefit, please call technical Support on 1890 260 260 (between 8am and 10pm). They will troubleshoot his with you and if unable to resolve can also escalate to a field technician for further investigation.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Thank you for the response Colm, I will give that number a call if I have any more issues.

On a side note, I recently started using Powerline adapters in the house, is it possible that they could be causing the DSL connection issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

delta36 wrote: »
    Thank you for the response Colm, I will give that number a call if I have any more issues.

On a side note, I recently started using Powerline adapters in the house, is it possible that they could be causing the DSL connection issues?
    Hi delta36

Powerline adaptors should not be affecting speeds but it is best to contact technical support about this.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement