Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canyon aeroad cf 9

• 27-08-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

looking for some advice please

had ordered an aeroad cf 9 and paid for same 3 weeks ago - today canyon advise me they have system error and the bike was not in stock etc and should not have processed order etc

so they offer free courier and shipping etc and 3 options to consider on a bike if I want

one is the aeroad cf sl 9 - its about e300 more expensive than my original order at e3699, but I'm sure i could negotiate with them and 2 other bikes that were in the e2200-2900 category. Just fairly annoyed today with the email as had my heart set on the cf 9

The aeroad cf sl 9 has reynolds assualt wheel set and is sram red 22 group set.

I would appreciate any commentary on this group set etc as I am not familar with same
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Looks like a worthwhile upgrade for €300. Main issue could be if you have bikes on shimano and adjusting to the change. I have mixed my fleet between Shimano and SRAM and never had an issue. Those Assault wheels get good reviews and I'd prefer them to the Cosmics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

I've tried Sram shifters on a rental bike a few times. You get used to them after a short while and I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of difference. I have an Aeroad with Dura Ace and the brakes are great-probably that's one area where Shimano trumps Sram red, though the Red brakes are pretty ok as well. Wheels look better on the SL, so seems like a good option, probably you can get them to knock a few quid off the price considering their error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭barryf42

thanks for both the above replies.
    they have launched their new 2015 abroad range this morning and we have reached agreement - just waiting for it now

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ken1975

which Aeroad 2015 model did you go for, they look the dogs

Ken1975 wrote: »
    which Aeroad 2015 model did you go for, they look the dogs

the cf slx 8.0 di2 2015 in a red medium - shipping date should be 5 weeks - happy now especially with the messing from them this week around the previous order that was due last week

bit like waiting for santa to arrive on christmas eve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

barryf42 wrote: »
    the cf slx 8.0 di2 2015 in a red medium - shipping date should be 5 weeks - happy now especially with the messing from them this week around the previous order that was due last week

Bet you're glad they fcuked up your original order now. That new Aeroad is possibly THE sexiest bike I have seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ken1975

barryf42 wrote: »

Savage. enjoy it. Will you be racing on it next year?

Ken1975 wrote: »
    Savage. enjoy it. Will you be racing on it next year?

doing the likes of the marmotte , vaujuny and other long distance ones in UK next year. might try some local race stuff if work time permits.

Worked like crazy this year and trained like crazy for the marmotte but had to pull out a few days before hand for family reasons- this was my consolation gift to myself.

Koobcam wrote: »
    Bet you're glad they fcuked up your original order now. That new Aeroad is possibly THE sexiest bike I have seen...

sent them a big thank email this am, saying all was forgiven and we were once again - great friends - even put a couple of xxxxx at the end of the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Wow, just checked out the pics, that is stunning alright.

That "entry level" one for 3199 is a stunning piece of kit for the price too with those slr wheels and the yellow and gray scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Have my eye on the "entry level" one, will hopefully get my backside on it...

Prefer the stealth colour though as the yellow/grey feels a bit too like Livestrong to me.

Advertisement