Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given 3 day ban and the mod can't explain why

Options
  • 27-08-2014 8:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭

Yesterday I received a 3 day ban from After Hours for posting this

showpost.php?p=91920367&postcount=49
    You don't have the right to not get angry. How about getting outraged at Pakistani pedophile gangs grooming white children for sex rather than getting angry at an internet post?

The post was made in response to the user Links234 who told me "fu*k off", engaged in whataboutery while ignoring the topic at hand, misrepresented my view and claimed my post was "drivel" and claimed that it made him/her "seriously fu*king angry." The offedning post has since been edited in a cover-up.

It should be noted that Links234 follow up post after my ban [ showpost.php?p=91920430&postcount=53 ] also told me to "fu*k off" and to "bite me". This post has also been edited in a cover-up. I hope you have the tools to view the pre-edited post.

I sent a private message to the mod Whoopsydaisydoodles seeking an explanation and received no reply after 24 hours. I sent another private message to her 20 mins ago to which she responded I was banned because I was a "d*ick". She refused to clarify or be more specific.

Can someone explain why I was banned for an innocuous post while the opposing poster who twice dished out highly offensive personal abuse wasn't? Does Links234 have a personal relationship with the mod whoopsydaisydoodles that could lead to a conflict of interests?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. We shall take a look at this & get back to you soon.

Please note that making baseless accusations of a conflict of interest will not help your case. The moderators of that forum are highly regarded & have taken action as the have deemed appropriate on that thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭truffle5

Did you get a chance to examine the thread yet? It should be noted how disgusting the treatment of the OP was. He was ridiculed for bringing the news item to our attention and it was insinuated that he was a liar and a racist. Now that he has subsequently been proven to be correct, most of the posters who hounded him in the first few pages have departed from the thread – as if they’re not interested in the story unless there is a big bad conservative to berate. Truly cowardly behaviour. On the bright side, the the thread has consequently matured into an intelligent discussion on the underlying factors in Pakistani culture that fosters such a hatred for little white girls. The thread is almost a microcosm of the news item itself – people are afraid to discuss the Pakistani pedophile gangs for fear of bannings as the topic contains uncomfortable truths which are politically incorrect. In an ideal world, the OP would receive an apology but I won’t hold my breath.

The thread should be stickied and serve as a template for how not to conduct a discussion.

I am currently in discussions with the mod concerned.
    Please note that any comment in this DRP should pertain to your ban only.
    If you wish to comment on the thread in general - start a thread in Feedback.

I have received input from the mod who banned you & have further reviewed your participation in that thread.

While the ban message that you received quoted only one of your posts, your ban was given based on your overall 'contribution' to the thread. You made sweeping racist generalizations, attempted back-seat modding & generally trollish comments.

I uphold the ban, & would add that when your ban expires that you do not post in that thread again.

You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭truffle5

What's the point of appeal? The ban has expired.

Thanks for your help. You may close this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement