Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden 15 Feedback Thread

• 27-08-2014 8:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those who have the game please post your thoughts in here.

I'll be picking up the game tomorrow and will play tomorrow evening but then i'll be offline for a week so good to get as much feedback as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Really impressive.

Just played for 4 hours since I got home from work. Haven't eaten since lunch at 12pm and honestly didn't notice. About to stuff my face with bacon and then get back to it.

On Xbox One is looks absolutely stunning, and it plays like an absolute dream. Defence is so much better, the zones actually play how you want them to and you get away with much less stupid stuff. Running is great too, no more unrealistic cuts, much more accurate momentum. Side note: Toby Gerhart is an absolute monster.

Play calling is brilliant, and Perrin will be delighted with the Ask Madden replacement as it offers much more variety. Even the bloody kicking is better.

Ultimate Team is great craic so far, haven't got into Connected Careers yet, but the best part so far has been the Skills Trainer. Honestly so good going through all the drills and they have a new category called "concepts" where they teach you how to read a defence and when to throw to certain routes etc., amazing for beginners and I was glad to get the refresher having not played since Xmas. But wait until you have a go of Gauntlet, so much fun, especially the boss levels.

Doing a review for Balls.ie which will be up some time on Friday most likely, but spoiler alert, the game is unreal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers mikey, like i said please post the review once you're done. Great to get something like that from a proper madden baller

tumblr_lxmwjp104z1r4tm4zo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What are the screen plays like mikey, i know Giffney is no doubt mad to know, aren't you Giff ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I won't have foster this year so I'll regrettably have to stop them...just doesn't feel right!

• Advertisement

I won't have foster this year so I'll regrettably have to stop them...just doesn't feel right!

Foster cries, i hope we get to play each other at some stage, i got to beat you at least once, i just gotta

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Amen brother rock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Amen brother rock!

Lads please, there is plenty of heartbreaking last minute wins to go round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

I'm not sure if I should buy this or not. Reviews are mixed as always, Madden has always been a good game, but, it's normally the same every year.

If people could answer the following I'd be grateful.

Are interceptions still an issue ?
    Do the top receivers go and get the ball ?
    They are advertising improved and exciting defensive play, yay or nay ?
    Does MUT record player stats this year ?

What platform are you on?

• Advertisement

PS4 . Is there much difference between consoles ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Picked up m15 at lunch there, nearly came out with a ONE! F&€k that was tough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Interceptions. Everywhere.

Played my first 10 or so games on All-Pro difficulty. Both user and CPU interceptions are definitely higher.

It's a lot more realistic. It is much harder to run the ball and pass the ball. Decision making is much more important than outright pad skills or player ratings. Throwing a deep ball down the field where your number 1 receiver has no separation on the CB, expect an INT or a bat down at best. If you go up to try get the ball yourself you have a slim chance of getting it, but a better chance of avoiding the INT.

Defense feels different also. It's more difficult for sure, CPU QB accuracy is off the charts. It's harder to swim past the OT's and pick up a sack with the DE. The CPU LB's manage to cover a lot of ground very quickly to knock down passes if you make a bad decision.

I've found playing on All Pro so far to be very tough. To the stage where 1 or 2 bad decisions really puts you in a hole. Throw a pass too early before your receiver breaks free of his man or out of a zone you can almost be sure will end in a pick and then it is very difficult to stop the CPU from scoring, especially if you turn the ball over in your own half.

Suppose it makes it more realistic.

Vikings wrote: »
    Interceptions. Everywhere.

Played my first 10 or so games on All-Pro difficulty. Both user and CPU interceptions are definitely higher.

It's a lot more realistic. It is much harder to run the ball and pass the ball. Decision making is much more important than outright pad skills or player ratings. Throwing a deep ball down the field where your number 1 receiver has no separation on the CB, expect an INT or a bat down at best. If you go up to try get the ball yourself you have a slim chance of getting it, but a better chance of avoiding the INT.

Defense feels different also. It's more difficult for sure, CPU QB accuracy is off the charts. It's harder to swim past the OT's and pick up a sack with the DE. The CPU LB's manage to cover a lot of ground very quickly to knock down passes if you make a bad decision.

I've found playing on All Pro so far to be very tough. To the stage where 1 or 2 bad decisions really puts you in a hole. Throw a pass too early before your receiver breaks free of his man or out of a zone you can almost be sure will end in a pick and then it is very difficult to stop the CPU from scoring, especially if you turn the ball over in your own half.

Suppose it makes it more realistic.

The defensive zones actually play like they are supposed to, which is why there are more interceptions. Routes that used to be "open" in Madden now are not, out-routes and curls in particular. It punishes you for throwing risky passes, thats a good thing.

I'm having a much better time getting to the QB when controlling a DE or DT too, the new mini-game is excellent and finally adds a bit of fun to what used to be random success or failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just went out and grabbed this (on 360)... I'll report back later! :D

Graphics seem a lot sharper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Got it on PS4, bit underwhelmed with the graphics to be honest, good but not as big an improvement as some reviews said. Gameplay is very good so far, big improvement on last years, love the new defense controls even though I've no clue what I'm doing yet really. The passing game is much more realistic, you have to time your passes to perfection or it's an incompletion or INT. I'm struggling to run the ball, you have to be patient and wait for a gap. Can be frustrating when you try to burst through a hole and trip over a lineman but hopefully I'll get better.

Different Madden, but some things you just cant change, The Quitters, they stay the same

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Whats the news on the wind direction?

adrian522 wrote: »

Working the way it should for me.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Working the way it should for me.

Omg omg omg!!!!
    About bloody time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭tripperman

adrian522 wrote: »

its better but still room for improvement to be honest, interceptions ever were you dont put in the recivers hands

Defense works!!!!

Annoyed they took contain away from individual hotplays/audible whatever its called.

Its killing me. That and some of the other changes to individual assignments on defensive side of things.

But zone works so well and depending on your defensive calls you will burn them or get burned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Zones work???

This genuinely changes everything for me! I typically played with a fairly vanilla defence on the back end mixed in with occasional centre field zones to cut of slants etc to tight ends. Mixed with a variety of defensive front attacks it worked well within the confines of madden.
    Having zones that work will allow a lot more variety in play calling I defence!

Had some growing pains, but yeah, defense is massively better. Zone coverage is as it should be, which is huge.

Got the measure of my opponent in a game just now, and picked him off 5 times. He had scored 24 points on me before the last 4 picks! If you know what they are doing, you can really call the right plays and just dominate.

Played 2 games so far, and 2 wins, 1 due to a quitter, i found im way better on defense compared to 25, 7 interceptions and 5 sacks so far, on offense pretty much im still the same, actually went 16/17 with a QB last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is there a way to change the playcalling back to the "old" madden style? I'm finding the default way almost impossible to find the play I want to call plus the suggestions are almost universally awful. 3rd & 6 in the 1st quarter and it tells me to go with a "prevent" defense with the score at 3-0 to me. I know the gameplan playcalling was poor too but I don't remember the "ask madden" options being so bad.

• Advertisement

Right, anybody around later for a game, 3 games today, and 3 1st quarter quits.

Just played a few games during the night, I like te improvements, it does seem more realistic, titans D is ****e so very close to reality!

Computer QBs can still be way to accurate. Another thing is the inability to take shots deep one on one . Receivers like Calvin Johnson should have the ability to go and get it .

Pretty solid game , playing on the D line is much better this year.

Xbox or ps?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Anyone know if you can have multiple people be a player on the same team for a career?

Nope..

• Advertisement

Computer QBs can still be way to accurate. Another thing is the inability to take shots deep one on one . Receivers like Calvin Johnson should have the ability to go and get it .

Pretty solid game , playing on the D line is much better this year.

I think its far better than last year in that regard. When you throw a deep bomb, even into coverage, if you switch to the receiver and go up for it, 9/10 you'll prevent an INT, and if you have C Johnson, or Bryant, etc, you have a decent chance of coming down with the ball yourself.

Depends on timing as well, and also what your opponent does, but it works better in my eyes. Actually, if you're the CB and you're pressing Y and going for the INT, you give the likes of Johnson a far greater chance of grabbing the ball. Definitely go for the bat and not the INT here, IMO.

I think its far better than last year in that regard. When you throw a deep bomb, even into coverage, if you switch to the receiver and go up for it, 9/10 you'll prevent an INT, and if you have C Johnson, or Bryant, etc, you have a decent chance of coming down with the ball yourself.

Depends on timing as well, and also what your opponent does, but it works better in my eyes. Actually, if you're the CB and you're pressing Y and going for the INT, you give the likes of Johnson a far greater chance of grabbing the ball. Definitely go for the bat and not the INT here, IMO.

Tbf I had two games today and when you take control of the receiver in certain positions you can go get the ball. Still something to tighten up CPU wise .

play calling is clumsy i think compared to m25,

tripperman wrote: »
    play calling is clumsy i think compared to m25,

I think calling audibles is a lot less fluid and a bit clunky. The initial play call I don't mind though.

Love how zones work, but not a fan of what they did with contain at all.

Still, far better game IMO.

I think calling audibles is a lot less fluid and a bit clunky. The initial play call I don't mind though.

Love how zones work, but not a fan of what they did with contain at all.

Still, far better game IMO.

audbiles is so awkward when against the clock, its improved from last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

So is it worth getting on the 360? Or should i get the Xbox One version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Finally got a chance to play it properly over the last couple of days, spending a good few hours on it. My thoughts:

Positives:

- Visually, the game is stunning. Honestly it doesn't look too far away from watching a broadcast on the TV on the Xbox One. Presentation is superb.

- The new controls on the pass rushers is a nice addition. It's nothing genius, but it does feel a lot better than just hammering down the stick to bull rush past O-linemen as in previous versions, regardless of the level of ability of the player. There's now a clear difference between what the elite guys and the others can do. For example, controlling J.J. Watt feels a hell of a lot different and easier than say, Chris Canty. Additionally, the opposition can and will catch you jumping to early, especially with the vibration on the snap.

- Defense as a whole has been improved quite significantly. CB's will jump routes, e.g. the curl route is far from being money this year and the CB's will jump all over it if your timing is off. Zones play properly, as has been mentioned by others.

- The run game is much improved. There'll be little to no 200 + yard running games which were almost commonplace last year. It takes a much more realistic play-style (following blocks etc) to gain success on the ground and even at that, you most likely won't be able to win games purely by pounding the rock this year.

- Playcalling. Bits fall into this category and bits into the negative category. What I do like regarding the playcalling is the new screen which tells you what D the opposition ran on the last play and the fact it has the built in community feature which tells you the most common plays in any given situation and how many yards they average.

Negatives:

- One main thing that I've found to be annoying is the amount of times QB's shrug off potential sacks. Fair enough the usual suspects doing it, but it seems to happen just as frequently for Brandon Weeden as it does for Ben Roethlisberger, which is just not realistic. I can imagine this will get very frustrating in tight games when you have a clear sack on a QB who manages to avoid it in a situation where he just shouldn't. It would be better if they'd coded it so that QB's throw the ball away more often (which rarely happens) as opposed to just ridiculously shrugging off these sacks instead.

- I'd agree with those who say it's too difficult to beat one-on-one coverage with deep shots. I still shit myself taking deep shots even if I've got someone like Megatron or Bryant because 9/10 it ends up as an interception or at best, an incomplete pass batted down. This really needs to be sorted out next year IMO.

- I feel the difference between controlling a Peyton Manning and a Geno Smith still isn't all that different, not near as much as it should be given it was highlighted as a feature. The odd pass will go astray or very inaccurate, but you can still put up similar numbers using any QB.

- Audibles are very difficult as you seem to be under a lot more time pressure to get them done before the snap, but there are a couple of nice new audibles included there which are good. Also, with regards to playcalling, I've found myself having far less time to call my defensive play this year but maybe that's just my imagination getting used to a new controller etc.

Overall:

There'll no doubt be more positives and negatives that come to mind in the coming weeks/months, but it's good IMO. Is it perfect? No. But it's a solid step in the right direction and a very good base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

As a casual NFL fan / Madden gamer, I'm absolutely loving this. There's enough depth to keep me interested whilst also dumbing it down so you can spend more time playing.

One question though. Sometimes for the PAT, it forces me to go for two points and doesn't offer the option to kick from the play selection. How do I get around this?

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    As a casual NFL fan / Madden gamer, I'm absolutely loving this. There's enough depth to keep me interested whilst also dumbing it down so you can spend more time playing.

One question though. Sometimes for the PAT, it forces me to go for two points and doesn't offer the option to kick from the play selection. How do I get around this?

Select by play type. Got to special teams, hit PAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Select by play type. Got to special teams, hit PAT.

I only have Community, Frequent & Suggested?

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I only have Community, Frequent & Suggested?

Try pressing 'B' or circle' on your control pad (depending on whether you're Xbox or Playstation). That should bring you to the main playcall menu where to can select as Knex suggested. :)

Well, managed to hit of Xbox as I was just playing UT for the first time, and now my Madden 15 disc is scratched. I am gutted.

Never, ever have my Xbox out like that, especially not standing up, but I'm between houses at the moment and back in the home place where all the space I once had is no more.

Hoping the toothpaste trick works, but I am not optimistic. The noise form the Xbox when I hit off it! :eek:

Well, managed to hit of Xbox as I was just playing UT for the first time, and now my Madden 15 disc is scratched. I am gutted.

Never, ever have my Xbox out like that, especially not standing up, The noise form the Xbox when I hit off it! :eek:

Ive done that twice, and the wife turned it upside down and it on while hoovering, so the xbox might survive, but im not sure about the disc though

Looks like toothpaste trick did actually work. Gonna save game to drive now, to be on safe side. Prob have time for a game then, Rock?

Edit: Install keeps crashing on me, so looks like I didn't quite get away with it, unfortunately. :(

Looks like toothpaste trick did actually work. Gonna save game to drive now, to be on safe side. Prob have time for a game then, Rock?

Edit: Install keeps crashing on me, so looks like I didn't quite get away with it, unfortunately. :(

Not very ethical I know and I probably wouldn't do it myself, but you could rent the game and send the scratched one back in the rental copy box instead?

• Advertisement
Advertisement