Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 15 Feedback Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just played a few games during the night, I like te improvements, it does seem more realistic, titans D is ****e so very close to reality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Computer QBs can still be way to accurate. Another thing is the inability to take shots deep one on one . Receivers like Calvin Johnson should have the ability to go and get it .

Pretty solid game , playing on the D line is much better this year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Xbox or ps?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Anyone know if you can have multiple people be a player on the same team for a career?

Nope..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Computer QBs can still be way to accurate. Another thing is the inability to take shots deep one on one . Receivers like Calvin Johnson should have the ability to go and get it .

Pretty solid game , playing on the D line is much better this year.

I think its far better than last year in that regard. When you throw a deep bomb, even into coverage, if you switch to the receiver and go up for it, 9/10 you'll prevent an INT, and if you have C Johnson, or Bryant, etc, you have a decent chance of coming down with the ball yourself.

Depends on timing as well, and also what your opponent does, but it works better in my eyes. Actually, if you're the CB and you're pressing Y and going for the INT, you give the likes of Johnson a far greater chance of grabbing the ball. Definitely go for the bat and not the INT here, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Knex. wrote: »
    I think its far better than last year in that regard. When you throw a deep bomb, even into coverage, if you switch to the receiver and go up for it, 9/10 you'll prevent an INT, and if you have C Johnson, or Bryant, etc, you have a decent chance of coming down with the ball yourself.

Depends on timing as well, and also what your opponent does, but it works better in my eyes. Actually, if you're the CB and you're pressing Y and going for the INT, you give the likes of Johnson a far greater chance of grabbing the ball. Definitely go for the bat and not the INT here, IMO.

Tbf I had two games today and when you take control of the receiver in certain positions you can go get the ball. Still something to tighten up CPU wise .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

play calling is clumsy i think compared to m25,

tripperman wrote: »
    play calling is clumsy i think compared to m25,

I think calling audibles is a lot less fluid and a bit clunky. The initial play call I don't mind though.

Love how zones work, but not a fan of what they did with contain at all.

Still, far better game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

I think calling audibles is a lot less fluid and a bit clunky. The initial play call I don't mind though.

Love how zones work, but not a fan of what they did with contain at all.

Still, far better game IMO.

audbiles is so awkward when against the clock, its improved from last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

So is it worth getting on the 360? Or should i get the Xbox One version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Finally got a chance to play it properly over the last couple of days, spending a good few hours on it. My thoughts:

Positives:

- Visually, the game is stunning. Honestly it doesn't look too far away from watching a broadcast on the TV on the Xbox One. Presentation is superb.

- The new controls on the pass rushers is a nice addition. It's nothing genius, but it does feel a lot better than just hammering down the stick to bull rush past O-linemen as in previous versions, regardless of the level of ability of the player. There's now a clear difference between what the elite guys and the others can do. For example, controlling J.J. Watt feels a hell of a lot different and easier than say, Chris Canty. Additionally, the opposition can and will catch you jumping to early, especially with the vibration on the snap.

- Defense as a whole has been improved quite significantly. CB's will jump routes, e.g. the curl route is far from being money this year and the CB's will jump all over it if your timing is off. Zones play properly, as has been mentioned by others.

- The run game is much improved. There'll be little to no 200 + yard running games which were almost commonplace last year. It takes a much more realistic play-style (following blocks etc) to gain success on the ground and even at that, you most likely won't be able to win games purely by pounding the rock this year.

- Playcalling. Bits fall into this category and bits into the negative category. What I do like regarding the playcalling is the new screen which tells you what D the opposition ran on the last play and the fact it has the built in community feature which tells you the most common plays in any given situation and how many yards they average.

Negatives:

- One main thing that I've found to be annoying is the amount of times QB's shrug off potential sacks. Fair enough the usual suspects doing it, but it seems to happen just as frequently for Brandon Weeden as it does for Ben Roethlisberger, which is just not realistic. I can imagine this will get very frustrating in tight games when you have a clear sack on a QB who manages to avoid it in a situation where he just shouldn't. It would be better if they'd coded it so that QB's throw the ball away more often (which rarely happens) as opposed to just ridiculously shrugging off these sacks instead.

- I'd agree with those who say it's too difficult to beat one-on-one coverage with deep shots. I still shit myself taking deep shots even if I've got someone like Megatron or Bryant because 9/10 it ends up as an interception or at best, an incomplete pass batted down. This really needs to be sorted out next year IMO.

- I feel the difference between controlling a Peyton Manning and a Geno Smith still isn't all that different, not near as much as it should be given it was highlighted as a feature. The odd pass will go astray or very inaccurate, but you can still put up similar numbers using any QB.

- Audibles are very difficult as you seem to be under a lot more time pressure to get them done before the snap, but there are a couple of nice new audibles included there which are good. Also, with regards to playcalling, I've found myself having far less time to call my defensive play this year but maybe that's just my imagination getting used to a new controller etc.

Overall:

There'll no doubt be more positives and negatives that come to mind in the coming weeks/months, but it's good IMO. Is it perfect? No. But it's a solid step in the right direction and a very good base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

As a casual NFL fan / Madden gamer, I'm absolutely loving this. There's enough depth to keep me interested whilst also dumbing it down so you can spend more time playing.

One question though. Sometimes for the PAT, it forces me to go for two points and doesn't offer the option to kick from the play selection. How do I get around this?

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    As a casual NFL fan / Madden gamer, I'm absolutely loving this. There's enough depth to keep me interested whilst also dumbing it down so you can spend more time playing.

One question though. Sometimes for the PAT, it forces me to go for two points and doesn't offer the option to kick from the play selection. How do I get around this?

Select by play type. Got to special teams, hit PAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Select by play type. Got to special teams, hit PAT.

I only have Community, Frequent & Suggested?

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I only have Community, Frequent & Suggested?

Try pressing 'B' or circle' on your control pad (depending on whether you're Xbox or Playstation). That should bring you to the main playcall menu where to can select as Knex suggested. :)

Well, managed to hit of Xbox as I was just playing UT for the first time, and now my Madden 15 disc is scratched. I am gutted.

Never, ever have my Xbox out like that, especially not standing up, but I'm between houses at the moment and back in the home place where all the space I once had is no more.

Hoping the toothpaste trick works, but I am not optimistic. The noise form the Xbox when I hit off it! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well, managed to hit of Xbox as I was just playing UT for the first time, and now my Madden 15 disc is scratched. I am gutted.

Never, ever have my Xbox out like that, especially not standing up, The noise form the Xbox when I hit off it! :eek:

Ive done that twice, and the wife turned it upside down and it on while hoovering, so the xbox might survive, but im not sure about the disc though

Looks like toothpaste trick did actually work. Gonna save game to drive now, to be on safe side. Prob have time for a game then, Rock?

Edit: Install keeps crashing on me, so looks like I didn't quite get away with it, unfortunately. :(

Looks like toothpaste trick did actually work. Gonna save game to drive now, to be on safe side. Prob have time for a game then, Rock?

Edit: Install keeps crashing on me, so looks like I didn't quite get away with it, unfortunately. :(

Not very ethical I know and I probably wouldn't do it myself, but you could rent the game and send the scratched one back in the rental copy box instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Paully D wrote: »
    Not very ethical I know and I probably wouldn't do it myself, but you could rent the game and send the scratched one back in the rental copy box instead?

Install the rented copy then your disc should boot the game no prob.

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Install the rented copy then your disc should boot the game no prob.

Even better actually. Aye, Knex, try that mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Any way to completely obliterate Whatshisname with his pre-game and halftime reports from appearing? Takes a f*cking age to skip them. There's a lot to be said for presentation, but at the same time, I don't need an analysis or highlights of the game I'm currently playing.

Penn wrote: »
    Any way to completely obliterate Whatshisname with his pre-game and halftime reports from appearing? Takes a f*cking age to skip them. There's a lot to be said for presentation, but at the same time, I don't need an analysis or highlights of the game I'm currently playing.

Mine went away instantly just by pressing A?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really? Mine takes a few seconds to skip the analysis, then skip the stats comparison, then skip the highlights, and even then the frigger is still chatting away while the second half is starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Penn wrote: »
    Really? Mine takes a few seconds to skip the analysis, then skip the stats comparison, then skip the highlights, and even then the frigger is still chatting away while the second half is starting.

Me too, incredibly annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So how are ppl working this game prep thing?
    Do ppl just give all the hours to one or two players each week or try to spread it out?

Delegate!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kopfan

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Do ppl just give all the hours to one or two players each week or try to spread it out?

I give it to the young scallywags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Im giving it all to micheal vick now that i have him.

Advertisement