Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurospar Bayside Closed Today

Options
  • 27-08-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Anyone got any information as to why Eurospar Bayside was closed today.

There was a short vague notice on the door apologising for the closure and a car parked up directly blocking the front door with a couple of " heavy " looking guys standing guard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I just posted same down the page. Apparently the rent hadn't been paid for two years and baliffs came in. I saw the car there too, strange. I think the shop went to $hit since it changed from Centra. Prices soared and constant changing of staff. I hope the older ones who've worked there won't lose their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Wasn't the shopping centre at Bay side meant to be redeveloped into shops and apartments at one stage? Maybe Eurospar closing down is linked in some way, like having their lease bought out or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The whole centre was up for sale last year. saw ad in a paper but never heard what happened after. There was meant to be a massive redevelopment of the site years ago with new shops apartments and houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

neris wrote: »
    The whole centre was up for sale last year. saw ad in a paper but never heard what happened after. There was meant to be a massive redevelopment of the site years ago with new shops apartments and houses.

this from 2012 http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/northside-portfolio-at-e41m-offers-income-and-potential-26824023.html the plans were a boom time massive overdevelopment

Advertisement