Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove External Bell

Options
  • 27-08-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Folks,

I have a GE Simon 3 Phonewatch alarm that has a working external bell. I'm replacing the alarm and want to disable the external bell and leave it in place as a decoy.

I don't have a long ladder to get to the external bell so is there a way that I can go about this without the external bell ringing or am I just going to have to hire a ladder and open the bell box?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Hire a ladder or just let the bell ring when youve disconnected it. It will stop after 15mins. Whoevers replacing the system should do this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

B0rder wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have a GE Simon 3 Phonewatch alarm that has a working external bell. I'm replacing the alarm and want to disable the external bell and leave it in place as a decoy.

I don't have a long ladder to get to the external bell so is there a way that I can go about this without the external bell ringing or am I just going to have to hire a ladder and open the bell box?

Thanks.

Just disconnect it from the panel.
    When the battery dies the bell wont go off again.

Advertisement