Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB radio in Charlesland

Options
  • 27-08-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know if we can get a reception for DAB radio in Charlesland? Thinking of getting one but seen some comments online from last year suggesting we don't get them in Greystones. Lots of retailers are selling them locally so we're wondering if things have changed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Pretty sure that's a no. You may receive it occasionally due to varying atmospheric conditions but it would not be reliably available. There is very limited coverage in Ireland and as far as I know there are no current plans to extend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

We have it in the car and its dirt..!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bennetts

Thanks for that. Seen some in Tesco and Powercity - wonder how many people are disappointed with their purchase... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

Internet Radio not give you what you need?
    There's a fair choice of radios available (do some research to find the one that fits best).

OR you can get internet radio apps (TuneIn is one I have/recommend) available on apple/android - you can play off laptop (web), phone/tablet and/or hook up your device to a ipod-dock or steam with bluetooth

http://tunein.com/

sample dock here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

+1 on TuneIn. I needed an app for a station when I was out of transmitter coverage, found TuneIn app on Google Play with decent ratings and it's brilliant provided you have good data services (wifi or 3G/4G).

I should really see what else they have other than the one station I listen to! :)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    about 60,000 radio stations I believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bennetts

Got Playbook rigged up in kitchen now, hooked up to some decent speakers and it sounds great. Can listen to radio through UPC on TV in living room so that's sorted too. Have TuneIn on phone now as well. Don't know why we thought we wanted a DAB radio.... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I have a DAB radio in the house and have never picked up any digital channels on it. I'd say go for the Internet radio.

Advertisement