Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lease with different wording

Options
  • 27-08-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I am in rented accommodation & the lease is in my name. I have been there for the past 2 years & a new lease is been drawn up now. The Estate Agent said it would be identical to the previous one but its not! The last paragraph reads as follows: "The landlord has a right to terminate the lease at any stage during the term once the minimum notice under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 is furnished". The following was in the OLD lease but is omitted from this NEW one. " THE TENANT HAS THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE LEASE AT ANY STAGE DURING THE TERM, WITHOUT LOSS OF DEPOSIT ONCE ALL OTHER LEASE TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE STRICTLY COMPILED WITH, ONCE THE MINIMUM NOTICE AS REQUIRED UNDER THE RESIDENTIAL TENANCIES ACT 2004 IS FURNISHED. The landlords rights are stated but he has omitted the tenants rights! I have nothing signed yet. Any advice on the steps I take from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Contact a solicitor if you want advice on the stipulated terms of a lease agreement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement