Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green light given for Youth Hostel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

As long as the toilets are cleaned, and the mattresses aren't sticky like the dance floor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

He should get a shuttle bus from the Tavern to the Hostel. I miss my regular visits to Flan, can't wait for a visit home at the end of the month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

A badly needed facility in Limerick but God, I really worry about the location!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Excellent. Limerick has needed one of these for ages. Good man Flan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A badly needed facility in Limerick but God, I really worry about the location!

Hopefully it'll encourage an improvement in some of the streets around the area. It's close enough to nice spots like the park, the Hunt, the Locke, the Granary and the Milk Market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

An File wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll encourage an improvement in some of the streets around the area. It's close enough to nice spots like the park, the Hunt, the Locke, the Granary and the Milk Market.

About bloody time, a properly run youth hostel is much needed in the city.

Can't imagine what the impression is like to tourists when they search for a non-existant hostel in Limerick.

Hopefully this encourages more backpackers and younger tourists to the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

About bloody time, a properly run youth hostel is much needed in the city.

Can't imagine what the impression is like to tourists when they search for a non-existant hostel in Limerick.

Hopefully this encourages more backpackers and younger tourists to the city.

Young foreign tourists wandering around Mungret St late at night :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Young foreign tourists wandering around Mungret St late at night :eek:

I know....location could be better but in fairness it is close to the majority of the nightlife, market and tourist attractions like Hunt Museum, St Mary's Cathederal and King Johns Castle.

He better call it Hostelloes. I expect nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I actually said that to Flan a couple of months back at the door and he got a great laugh from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭RINO87

Arra feck!! I've had a dream if opening a hostel down here for years now, so much potential for one, alas I would not be able to compete with flan and his vast aamount of fivers! Drunk backpackers are gonna be easy pickings for da boyz downthere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭RINO87

Arra feck!! I've had a dream if opening a hostel down here for years now, so much potential for one, alas I would not be able to compete with flan and his vast aamount of fivers! Drunk backpackers are gonna be easy pickings for da boyz downthere!

Advertisement