Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Laptop

Options
  • 27-08-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Any good deals for a college laptop/netbook. studying social science so dont need anything too fancy id say

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 df123

Tesco have a special offer on Packard Bell laptops. Was 349.99 down to 279.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Dell have a decent laptop going for 250 on its site. Would be grand for, browsing, college work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

That €250 Dell Deal is one of the best budget option around.

Sticking with Dell, if you have a bit more cash to spare try this one for €479

I know it's almost double the price but you're getting a lot more bang for your buck.
    i5 processor and 8Gbs of ram should keep you preformance happy until after college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Any update on those lidl laptops are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

There is a good deal in DID

Asos Laptop
    7inch GoTab
    8gb Memory pen
    Laptop bag

All for 329 Euro.. My Mam got it for herself!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

The Cuban wrote: »
    Any update on those lidl laptops are they any good?

It's the same model as they have in Tesco for €279 (without the extras) if you have a money off voucher from Dunnes or SuperValu remember you can use it. The specs in display stand is not complete it has HDMI that is not listed for the Toshiba on the stand.

Remouad wrote: »
    That €250 Dell Deal is one of the best budget option around.

Sticking with Dell, if you have a bit more cash to spare try this one for €479

I know it's almost double the price but you're getting a lot more bang for your buck.
    i5 processor and 8Gbs of ram should keep you preformance happy until after college.

It's a very good price but only to point out the shipping date for the Inspiron 15 showing as 7th Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

nava wrote: »
    It's the same model as they have in Tesco for €279 (without the extras) if you have a money off voucher from Dunnes or SuperValu remember you can use it. The specs in display stand is not complete it has HDMI that is not listed for the Toshiba on the stand.

It's a very good price but only to point out the shipping date for the Inspiron 15 showing as 7th Oct.

Nava,

I signed up for Dell VIP and received 2 coupon codes. However when I tried to apply the code when purchasing an Inspiron 15 3000, it would not accept it. I think the reason may be that the current deal on that laptop includes free delivery which is valued at €24.39 and they will not apply a second discount code to the deal.
    Would you reckon that could be the case ? (and would you have ant other coupon deal that might work ? :) )

thanks.

unfit2006 wrote: »
    Nava,

I signed up for Dell VIP and received 2 coupon codes. However when I tried to apply the code when purchasing an Inspiron 15 3000, it would not accept it. I think the reason may be that the current deal on that laptop includes free delivery which is valued at €24.39 and they will not apply a second discount code to the deal.
    Would you reckon that could be the case ? (and would you have ant other coupon deal that might work ? :) )

thanks.

Hi

I just tested with the default setup for the Inspiron 15 3000, and was given the 10% "VIP Club Discount Expires 01 August 2015 - € 24.90" so total including € 224.11 (delivery included" are you using the http://www.dell.ie/vip website?

PM your code and I can test it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

This is the laptop I was thinking of buying:

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/pd.aspx?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

I sent you a pm.

thanks

unfit2006 wrote: »
    This is the laptop I was thinking of buying:

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/pd.aspx?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

I sent you a pm.

thanks

Looks like new codes that show on the groupscheme don't work, when I got my code it was by entering my email address so I get a code by email that works on the above model and others like XPS, I sent you the code on PM as I won't use it.

Maybe good idea to contact groupscheme to clarify the offer as looks like not working, unless is on a specific model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement