Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Augustines : Whelans - Nov 27

Options
  • 27-08-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Augustines (formerly We Are Augustines) are a band at the top of their game who combine heartfelt lyrics, crashing drums and explosive guitar hooks to create a sound that is “exhilarating to an almost physical degree” D.i.S
    This November sees the group make their long awaited return to the capital in a year that has seen their star rise on both sides of the Atlantic.

Tickets 17euro here

Never seen them before, some decent tunes, be interesting to see what their live shows are like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Hadn't seen this! Had given up on an Irish date given that they did the UK a couple of months ago.
    So buy these at 9 Thursday, and get Sam Amidon tickets Friday morning. Sweet!

A friend went to Birmingham to see them a couple of months ago and raved about them live. Found them much better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Might pick up a few tickets, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Only heard of this from the weekly ticketmaster email.

Looking forward to seeing them live, have heard some good reviews of their gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Sweet. Saw this pop up on my FB feed and couldn't resist. Can't really say no at €17 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The most recent album is very good, for €17 this is a no-brainer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Gig is tomorrow night. Not totally feeling the new album but hoping for a good gig. Seems to be sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Really great gig, prob one of my favourites of the year!

Anyone else go?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

There's only one word to describe this gig.

Intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

That was mental.

I've never seen a band wander out into the middle of the crowd for a bit of an acoustic set before.

2h15m they played for; which considering the intensity of the performance is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Fantastic gig (even though I missed the beginning of it!), haven't seen Whelan's that stuffed in a good while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement