If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class D AV Receiver

Options
  • 27-08-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm looking for a class D AV receiver, maybe Pioneer SC-1223. Do you have anything in stock? I will also need 5.1 speaker set for a small room. Budget: GBP650.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I'm looking for a class D AV receiver, maybe Pioneer SC-1223. Do you have anything in stock? I will also need 5.1 speaker set for a small room. Budget: GBP650.
    Hi Designpatrol.

I think the 1223 Pioneer has now finished as it has been removed from our main website.

Have a look at the following receivers which should fit your needs:

Yamaha RXV675 priced at £249.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv675/yama-rxv675-blk

Or the Denon AVRX1100W which is priced at £399.95 (Just released)
    http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/pages/product-detail.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subid=avreceivers&productid=avrx1100w

For speakers you should look at the fantastic Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack Which is priced at £699.95 but I could offer at £499.95  (Excellent price)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/mass-5.1/moni-audio-mass

Or the Wharfedale DX1 HCP pack priced at £289.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/wharfedale/dx1-hcp/whar-dx1

Next in line would be the cracking Tannoy HTS101 pack priced at £319.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/hts101/tann-hts101-blk

Let me know if any of the above catches your! Any questions please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 designpatrol

Thanks Kenny but they're not class D and I would have to think about it a little bit more.

What about a Pioneer SC2023/LX57 with Wharfedale DX1 HCP? I could maybe stretch the budget a little bit and I don't mind ex-demo.

Or should I rather get 2 floorsatnders and extend in the future?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Kenny but they're not class D and I would have to think about it a little bit more.

What about a Pioneer SC2023/LX57 with Wharfedale DX1 HCP? I could maybe stretch the budget a little bit and I don't mind ex-demo.

Or should I rather get 2 floorsatnders and extend in the future?
    You are indeed correct - only the Pioneer as far as I know is a Class D - not sure why you are after class d as it can be a little harsh at the top end, but Class D is efficient to be fair!

In theory we can still get hold of the 2023 but stocks are really tight in the main warehouse ( <10 available at the moment) - no problem on the SCLX57 though.

Pricing:

SC2023 / DX1 - £869.95
    SCLX57 / DX1 - £989.95

If you were going to push the budget out a little and consider the 2023 / 57 - I'd also seriously consider looking at the speakers as the DX1 will be starting to run out of steam if partnered with the SCLX57 - the 57 is capable of driving far better speakers and I'd look towards the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 system or even the QA Q7000 5.1 pack - happy to look at discounted package pricing on these for you if you are interested,

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I will immediately say no to Mass and Q7000 despite the fact that I fully agree with you. My wife would only allow me to buy white speakers and I plan to upgrade them in 2-3 years with Dali Zensor anyway.

So, because of my budget situation I am ready to accept SC2023 / DX1 (white) - £869.95 offer if this contains the little iPod Touch (as per your site) and decent 30m cable (no banana plugs needed).

We can arrange the deposit over the phone if this could be in Belfast this Saturday. I will then take my 4yo son and hit M1 or we will arrange a courier for next week.

Cheers.

I will immediately say no to Mass and Q7000 despite the fact that I fully agree with you. My wife would only allow me to buy white speakers and I plan to upgrade them in 2-3 years with Dali Zensor anyway.

So, because of my budget situation I am ready to accept SC2023 / DX1 (white) - £869.95 offer if this contains the little iPod Touch (as per your site) and decent 30m cable (no banana plugs needed).

We can arrange the deposit over the phone if this could be in Belfast this Saturday. I will then take my 4yo son and hit M1 or we will arrange a courier for next week.

Cheers.
    DP,

thanks for that - no problem on the 2023 ( as long as I can snaffle one from the main warehouse!) and I hear where you are coming from on the interior designer front .... ( You do know that we can get the Zensor 1 in white??) alternatively you could look at the Monitor Audio Radius 90HT pack - its amazing, gorgeous and available in piano lacquer white ( but its slightly more expensive than the DX1....)

On the £869 - honestly the margin is too tight to include the touch at that price - I'd have to charge the £889 price ( £20 for a touch is a cracking deal) No problem doing 30Mtrs of Symphony 100 cable included though ( its actually a really decent cable ) http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-100/gale-symphony-100

The 2023 is a centrally held unit and so are the DX1 in white ( we stock black locally) so it would be next week before we could deliver?

Thanks again for the posts and if you would like to order just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will get you sorted asap.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

I'll contact you tomorrow, probably will pay extra for better cable and will reconsider speaker options.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I'll contact you tomorrow, probably will pay extra for better cable and will reconsider speaker options.
    Hi Designpatrol.

No worries at all.

Speak to you tomorrow and we can go over some cable options.

Order placed yesterday thanks to amazing sales advice I received from you guys. Recommendations are flying around the office, some of the lads here were in Belfast and they couldn't be happier! Cheers.

Order placed yesterday thanks to amazing sales advice I received from you guys. Recommendations are flying around the office, some of the lads here were in Belfast and they couldn't be happier! Cheers.
    DP,

many thanks for the kind post - its brill when Boardies post to keep us updated on service ( esp the nice ones :D)

As ever any Boardie can always drop me a line personally at johnmc@richersounds.ie no matter what the issue!

Thanks again and esp thanks for the biz - its much appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.