Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start a society

Options
  • 28-08-2014 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

How exactly do I go about starting a society? Is it difficult?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

https://www.nuim.ie/campus-life/student-life-sport/clubs-societies

Where to go

The Student Centre and Sports Centre buildings on the North Campus are the focal points for over 30 clubs and 60 societies and there is something to suit everybody. If for some reason there is an activity that is not represented here on campus then contact the Student Engagement Officer in the Students Services Centre or the Sports Officer in the Sports Centre who will advise and help you start your own club or society.

We look forward to seeing you here and contributing to the great campus experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

What society were you thinking of starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Ms. Koi wrote: »
    What society were you thinking of starting?

Coffee :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does the tea society still exist? I think they accept coffee drinkers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

A ladsoc would be great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

As far as I know there was nearly a civil war in UL's Tea Soc when some of the members wanted to bring in coffee drinkers :P.

So coffee isn't necessarily already covered by an existing society.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jellybaby1992

I would love to see a battle of the hot beverages in Maynooth :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

As far as I know there was nearly a civil war in UL's Tea Soc when some of the members wanted to bring in coffee drinkers :P.

So coffee isn't necessarily already covered by an existing society.

I think it was suggested before but refused which is where I was going (very unclearly) with my last post. Tea SOC officially represent all hot drinks according to their constitution. Doesn't mean that it's not worth trying again though. New C&S officer and team and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Does NUIM have a Music Soc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone joining the new Chicken fillet roll society?

• Advertisement
Advertisement