Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Danger In Gaming

Options
  • 28-08-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

This time it's Virtual Rape

I lost it when they talked about the dog :pac:

Back in my day, teabagging was the scourge afflicting our youth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Duggy747 wrote: »
    This time it's Virtual Rape

I lost it when they talked about the dog :pac:

Back in my day, teabagging was the scourge afflicting our youth.

A certain whiff of Brass Eye off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Typical American reporting blowing it out of proportion. GTA is after all an 18's or R rated game so kids shouldn't be playing it anyway.

Americans are silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I have no idea what they are talking about. What they are talking about isn't even possible in nearly every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

There was a follow-up to the report that gets even crazier.

Typical American reporting blowing it out of proportion. GTA is after all an 18's or R rated game so kids shouldn't be playing it anyway.

This is actually a report from a Canadian channel, CityNews Toronto.

Ah lads..... how do they keep a straight face reporting this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

There was a follow-up to the report that gets even crazier.

This is actually a report from a Canadian channel, CityNews Toronto.

Toronto is in Canada which is in North America....

Pedantic? Yes.

Either way I can't see how this is worthy of reporting American or Canadian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Did they ever think of interviewing at least 1 person that had some idea of how these things work like a game developer or a "hacker"? Maybe they did but a confused look isn't much of an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Fear not, our betters are on the case...........

The Huffington Post also picked the story up
    Earlier this year, video-game writer Kim Correa described her own virtual sexual assault in the zombie apocalypse game "DayZ." Two armed men cornered her character, made her strip, killed her and simulated having sex with her body. The players could speak to her through the video game the entire time.

"I definitely don't want to say what happened to me verbally is as important as if it had happened in real life," Correa later said in an interview with TLDR, a radio show that airs on WNYC 93.9 FM. "But it means something. And I'm not sure what it means."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Much Ado about nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Good holy ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

virtual sexual assault jesus christ, the key thing being she could have at any time simply quit the game or turned off the computer or taken off her headphones and walked away from the computer.

Irish sites Her.ie and The Journal covered the story too, The Journal having an exceptionally bad piece............a normal day for them, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nobody tell them about RapeLay! They'll turn off the worlds electronics if they find out about that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Take one side of an argument, present no facts, interview one person, and allow for no counter argument.

Sounds like news to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If I could roll my eyes even more, then my eyeballs would do a full 360...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Typical wimpy Canadian attitude, stock up on some weapons and blast the virtual rapist in the face point blank. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Many people avoid team speak due to people being dicks or just having annoying voices. Theres nothing more annoying than a 12 year old constantly swearing on ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The Huffington Post also picked the story up

Quote:

Earlier this year, video-game writer Kim Correa described her own virtual sexual assault in the zombie apocalypse game "DayZ." Two armed men cornered her character, made her strip, killed her and simulated having sex with her body. The players could speak to her through the video game the entire time.

"I definitely don't want to say what happened to me verbally is as important as if it had happened in real life," Correa later said in an interview with TLDR, a radio show that airs on WNYC 93.9 FM. "But it means something. And I'm not sure what it means."

Does it make me a bad person for finding this hilarious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Some people just shouldn't be allowed near the internet.

I thought with these kind of mods you had to actually download for them to work in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Correa later said in an interview with TLDR, a radio show that airs on WNYC 93.9 FM

I wonder are their interview really short :D
    Pac1Man wrote: »
    Does it make me a bad person for finding this hilarious?

No :pac:
    ScumLord wrote: »
    I thought with these kind of mods you had to actually download for them to work in the first place?

Bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Those GTA5 rape scenes look more like glitches then actual mods.... Plus its consoles!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Careful of those trigger warnings, it caused me to trigger my fear of trigger warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I would'nt give a ****e if I got raped in rl. But online, I'm the main man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I am morally outraged at this........wait, whats it about again?

Advertisement