Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online registration

• 28-08-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I was registering online but when i was asked about fees i did not know what to do. My grant is being processed so what should i put down? I originally put no but then it said I had to pay the fee what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Since the grant is paying your fees you should click 'Pay Later'. SUSI will then contact the college themselves and sort out the fee payment, assuming your grant application was successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yabazza

I hope that's the case because otherwise I suspect I and many other students would be up **** creek. Does anyone know how long this assessment takes? Been over a month now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Yabazza wrote: »
    I hope that's the case because otherwise I suspect I and many other students would be up **** creek. Does anyone know how long this assessment takes? Been over a month now.

From my own experience you should get a letter from SUSI telling your when your application is accepted detailing whether the fee is paid in full and if you'll get any maintenance on top of that, I don't actually know when they paid my fee as I pretty much just left it all to them. If you don't get any confirmation about your application in the next couple of weeks or so I'd suggest contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jason.L

The general advise is to "like" susi's facebook page, and plague them with an email and a facebook message at least once a week.

Depending on when you applied, it can take up until January (That's from horror stories I've seen, latest mine was processed ever was October, but you don't have to have your fees paid until exam results come out and even then you only have to have half paid).

Make sure you keep an eye on your application online too - better indicator.

Best advice as I said, is to plague them, they'll push you up the queue if you keep annoying them.

Advertisement