Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knee problem.

• 28-08-2014 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm not asking for medical advise I'd just like to narrow down the problem so I know weather let it heal over time or go to the physio.

Last Sunday my knee wasn't feeling the best, I dunno why, maybe something happened on astro turf during the week but I honestly didn't notice anything. I played an entire football/soccer match and towards the end I started to feel a noticeable pain in my right knee how ever it was more of an annoying pain.

The day after it felt like my knee was trying to bend back more than normal and at that point I could feel a pain but again just like an annoying pain or a warning pain (what ever you'd like to call it). Wednesday just gone I played a full 90 minute match again and could notice my knee wasn't 100% but it didn't stop me or slow me down in the game and now that I'm home and rested since its back to the same bending backwards feeling again when I straighten my leg fully with that kinda of warning pain again.

My knee was never swollen or painful enough to stop me playing bar 1 or 2 knocks but was fine after 5 minutes. Also when applying pressure all over the knee with my hands there's no pain any where to pin point where the problem may be. Everything is just fine until my leg is fully extended.

I've done the usual google search but any knee problem everyone is coming to the conclusion its ACL damage but surely I wouldn't have been able play two full matches on our terrible Irish pitches if it was, especially without swelling.

If anyone has any idea or similar problems in the past could you please shed some light on what may be the problem.

Thanks, gtrizy.

EDIT: I meant to post this in the soccer section if an admin could be so good to relocate it for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi there gtrizy,
    Sorry to hear about your injury. I'd suggest going to see a doc or a physiotherapist about it.
    Beyond that, unfortunately it's not permitted to seek or give medical advice on boards so I'm going to have to close this. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement