Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistake in the Timetabling for Language Electives?

Options
  • 28-08-2014 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi guys, has anyone else noticed how many of the electives offered by the Applied Language Centre are said to be offered in both semesters 1 and 2. However clicking on the tab "When is this module offered?" shows a timetable for semester 1 but none for semester 2 Eg. Italian General Purposes 2 (LANG10070). Is is it a case that a) the timetables for semester 1 and 2 are identical b) the timetable for semester 2 is missing or c) such modules are not actually offered in semester 2?

http://www.ucd.ie/alc/flm/undergrad/choosealanguage/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

That is really weird. I know people who did Italian 2 last semester, a lot of people do, I mean its the idea. :pac:

I personally did the first two German modules last year. I accidentally put them both in semester 1, and when I realized I just changed the second one to be in semester 2. It's now saying it's available in both, but only showing the semester 1 times - but it's the same time I had it in the semester just gone. I imagine it's a mistake or else they just haven't put up the semester 2 times for some reason; they probably are the same, but I would've thought they'd specify.

Have you tried actually registering for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Just checked on the General Reference timetable and they are listed for both semesters. Email the Language school and ask them to check it.
    Times for general purpose 1 aren't the same but the ones for gen 2 do appear to be. Same rooms too.

Advertisement