Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who am I looking for ?

Options
  • 28-08-2014 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for someone to do a detailed electrical, lighting and home automation wiring schematic for a new build.

What profession is best suited to this job. ??

If you've any recommendations feel free to PM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DeeJunFan

Id say it would really depend Hex.

Do you know what Home Automation system you are going for?

If its closed tech proprietary system then you are likely going to have to go with the company that provides it for wiring diagram.

If its open (standard cables/wires) you could try and get an good electrician who understands networking but i doubt there are many around.

Self build show in a few weeks id say there will be a least 10 stands with guys wanting to do this job for you. Be prepared for vast differences in quotes and for some of them to be eye watering

I am going with an open source (commercial version) Home automation system. Going to design the CAT6 network myself. Some CAT6 will be switched to allow network connectivity other CAT6 will be for AV distribution

Audio layout will be done in consultation with the electrician as there should be separate runs and minimal cross over and the wiring for lights etc will only require a slight change to current wiring practices so he is happy enough with it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

An electrical engineer is who you are looking for.

Advertisement