Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden waste in Waterford area

Options
  • 28-08-2014 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Dis there somewhere you can bring hedge clippings etc. in the Waterford area (within 10 miles or so). I don't expect it to be free anymore but anyone know which waste companies do this and where their depots for it are located?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you take the slip road by Topaz on the Cork Road (across from Maxol) there is a dump on the left down that road that takes it for a fee (based on weight / amount of bags).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You're allowed to put them in your brown bin

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

I need to cut the top of a Leylandii hedge, it would fill about 20 brown bins!
    Sully do you mean where the old town dump was past the Yellow house?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fairly sure that's the one but I will double check the location. My father uses it once every year with all our garden waste - usually a large trailer load in the early new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

The Kilbarry civic amenity site, not sure if it takes garden waste though?

http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/en/Resident/Bins,and,Recycling/Recycling,Centres,and,Bring,Centres/Waterford,City,Recycling,Centre/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

Nor am I - a few years ago (at most ten) the council built a composting / green waste site down the Green road - the Green road was cut in half by the outer ring road, it was accessible from the Cork Road side near Witches lane - its empty and unused now, same with the Tramore Green waste area down behind Riverstown

Yeah it's on Lacken Road, which would be just off the main Cork Road after the Yellow House and before Topaz. Next left. €16 for a single trailer and €24 for double trailer (roughly). Doesn't accept grass. Not taking any garden waste on Monday 1st September & Tuesday 2nd of September for 'operational reasons'.

Advertisement