Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chimney sweep

• 28-08-2014 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

Could someone recommend a chimney cleaner? And how much is the going rate for a clean these days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Lellis & Sons - 061 418997

Fast and clean ..... must give em a shout again for this years clean ...

Around €30 I think ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Around €30 I think ..

Same here , have been using them for years and no complaints , which reminds me I must ring them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Around €30 I think ..

Thanks lads ill give them a call later.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Along the same lines ... any recommendations for a chimney cleaner within a reasonable distance of NCW please? This thread has served as a good reminder to me as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We had a chimney fire last year, we have the chimney cleaned every year so I was shocked when a neighbour knocked the door to tell me there were flames coming out of the chimney. We'd been burning more turf last year. The fireman told me that if you're burning turf it leaves an oily residue and you'd need to get the chimney swept at least twice a year.

I'd no idea it'd need cleaning more often when burning turf. But I'd rather spend 60 quid having it cleaned twice than paying the 150 it cost when someone called the fire brigade out plus whatever it'll cost to have the chimney relined. Just something to bear in mind for anyone burning turf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Hi guys,

Anyone know if these guys work on saturdays ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Hi guys,

Anyone know if these guys work on saturdays ?

I'm fairly sure they do but I know there was a long enough waiting time this year , two weeks between calling and them being able to get to me , not that it bothered me or anything .

Top lads , wouldn't use anyone else .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

+1 for Lellis & Sons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Souness

+1 recommend Lellis and Sons.

Kevin came out on a Saturday and did efficient clean work

Advertisement