Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Value

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

iroced wrote: »
    Don't think it really matters this year. With the new system it seems impossible to make enough money to afford one extra top player comes the january WC.

Well yeah, I agree. Not too worried about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Looks like most teams are safe in this regard, then.

Not sure if it is good news but at least I am not behind everyone else with wildcard in the pocket. Price rise watching was a daily routine last year. Those websites will go down soon I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »
    Don't think it really matters this year. With the new system it seems impossible to make enough money to afford one extra top player comes the january WC.

Will make having a dirt cheap bench more important then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Post wildcard 101.6 with 0.2 in bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭circadian

98m value and top of a few leagues, had to play my wildcard as I was getting done for injuries/players out of form.

We'll see over the next few weeks if it was too soon. Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

circadian wrote: »
    98m value and top of a few leagues, had to play my wildcard as I was getting done for injuries/players out of form.

We'll see over the next few weeks if it was too soon. Probably.

How much have you in the bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭circadian

Sorry 98.6m value and 2.2 in the bank, got done on a few dropping in value. Nasri if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

up to 101.7 overall
    gives me 100.6 to spend

an extra 2mil by xmas would be nice come the January WC

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

100.7 and 0.5 in the bank. I'm a bit of a peasant so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

102.0 in total. Hasn't helped me much so far...

98.3 + 3.9 in the bank.

102.2 total - good enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Without knowing resale value it's hard to judge what's good or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What actually dictates resale value? I've been trying to find an explanation for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

AdMMM wrote: »
    What actually dictates resale value? I've been trying to find an explanation for it!

Go to transfers, hit X on ALL your players. That will give you your resale value. It will be lower that your team value, as you only make 0.1 for every 0.2 that a player goes up. In other words, Siggy might be worth 6.5, and have contributed to your team value going up by 0.5 since the start, but you'll only get 6.2 for him, which is what really matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Total value 101.9 (lost 0.1 last night)

Resale value 100.6

• Advertisement

I had extracted all players in the system in August and yesterday for the craic extracted them all again so I could compare starting prices and current prices.

Overall with the list of players (over 500), I worked out that the overall price of all players has decreased by 27.9million since the start of the season if you tot up all the price increases and decreases since then.

That excludes players who have joined teams or been added to the system since I did the first extract, and also I was too lazy to go through duplicate players (Cole, Morrison, Long, Reid....etc where there's the same name at different clubs) so I just removed all of them, but for those who were there in August and still there today, it's clear that price decreases far outweigh the increases and as I say that's to the tune of over 25m for the universe of players.

32 players are at a higher value now than starting, 250 are at a lower value of the sample I took. That's nearly half having decreased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

€100.7

€1.3 in the bank

€100.8 Resale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

100.3 resale.. hanging in there :pac:

98.5m + 3.9 in the bank.

100.9 resale value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Team value of 100m, 2.2m in the bank and a resale value of 100.9m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

My team value is currently 102.6 with nothing in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Post wildcard I'm now up to 102.1 total value but more importantly 100.8 resale.

Also with a few already risen 0.1 and heading the right direction in the he coming week or to two hopefully, e.g. Pelle.

Feels a bit better.

8 of the 10 most transferred in players today are in my team. 2 more in top 16.

Hopefully that's a sign my wildcard choices are ok, and hopefully it'll boost the team value long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

102.1 overall including bank

Still only 100.7 to spend!

8-10 wrote: »
    I had extracted all players in the system in August and yesterday for the craic extracted them all again so I could compare starting prices and current prices.

Overall with the list of players (over 500), I worked out that the overall price of all players has decreased by 27.9million since the start of the season if you tot up all the price increases and decreases since then.

That excludes players who have joined teams or been added to the system since I did the first extract, and also I was too lazy to go through duplicate players (Cole, Morrison, Long, Reid....etc where there's the same name at different clubs) so I just removed all of them, but for those who were there in August and still there today, it's clear that price decreases far outweigh the increases and as I say that's to the tune of over 25m for the universe of players.

32 players are at a higher value now than starting, 250 are at a lower value of the sample I took. That's nearly half having decreased.

I had a look at the price rise/fall records on FISO there, to look at this from a different angle. There are now 543 entries on FISO's price change log from the 18/8/14 until 32/9/14.

I took all these events out into a spreadsheet and split them into the rises and the falls and this is what I found.

The 543 breaks down as 465 price drops against only 78 rises! Thats about 6 times as many drops as rises.

Total of drops is therefore 46.5m with only 7.8m in rises. A nett loss of value of 38.7m.

That figure is probably a bit more accurate than what you did above as it should account for the stuff you were too lazy to do. :)

But your figure was probably not far away suggesting a drop of about another 10m nett since your post only 4 or 5 days ago!

Wouldn't want to have shares in that company anyway!!

FHFC wrote: »
    I had a look at the price rise/fall records on FISO there, to look at this from a different angle. There are now 543 entries on FISO's price change log from the 18/8/14 until 32/9/14.

I took all these events out into a spreadsheet and split them into the rises and the falls and this is what I found.

The 543 breaks down as 465 price drops against only 78 rises! Thats about 6 times as many drops as rises.

Total of drops is therefore 46.5m with only 7.8m in rises. A nett loss of value of 38.7m.

That figure is probably a bit more accurate than what you did above as it should account for the stuff you were too lazy to do. :)

But your figure was probably not far away suggesting a drop of about another 10m nett since your post only 4 or 5 days ago!

Wouldn't want to have shares in that company anyway!!

Shows it's even worse than I thought. Are drops more volatile this year or is it just that there's so few rises that it's more noticeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

102.3 overall

100.9 resale value

6 players halfway from a bankable value (4 of these in the Top 10 most transferred in this gameweek)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It's a bit mad alright it was apparent there were far more price drops than rises but seeing the cold hard numbers now highlights the imbalance we're dealing with this season. I reckon in another 5-10 gameweeks this imbalance could really start to show, based on how you've acted in the transfer market! I posted in the Price Changes thread of my treble transfer on Sunday (left me with 0.2 in the bank), whereas today just 2 days later i would be 0.2 short for same transfers if i'd waited

my team: 102.8, 0.2 in bank. 101.1 resale value. thankfully none of my players look set for a drop (this week anyway!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

100 mil. 2.6 in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

98.6 with 3.6 in the bank. 102.2 total. Ulloa and Pelle transfers in the main reason for low team value. My strategy at the moment is to follow the fixtures and not get too caught up on following form/rises only. So far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

1.5 itb
    100.9 resale

100.1m with 1m in the bank
    Post wildcard 101.6 with 0.2 in bank

And now 102.4 with 0.1 in the bank

Must be doing something right

And now 102.4 with 0.1 in the bank

Must be doing something right

Resale value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

102.1 with 1.1 in the bank. Resale is 101.4m.
    Wildcard intact but not doing as well as other years due to lack of interest this year.
    Only at 350k but its early days yet I suppose.

8-10 wrote: »
    Resale value?

102.1 with 1.1 in the bank. Resale is 101.4m.
    Wildcard intact but not doing as well as other years due to lack of interest this year.
    Only at 350k but its early days yet I suppose.

Those are all great numbers from what I've seen. My resale is 101.1 but have wildcarded. Similar rank.

I think team value wise there are the people that got on Naismith and the people that didn't. 0.3m profit in a couple of weeks, best bandwagon so far.

Missed both him and Dier or could be half a million better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

I'm at 102 now with .8 in the bank, resale 101.1

I'm keeping with what my strategy from last season - sacrifice up to 4 points per gw to allow shifting out any players likely to drop in price, build up the monies until the jan wildcard and hopefully have enough to get better players enough to edge out my rivals. Worked out for me last season, time will tell if it'll work again, tougher to guage the rises/falls this time round

I'm at 102 now with .8 in the bank, resale 101.1

I'm keeping with what my strategy from last season - sacrifice up to 4 points per gw to allow shifting out any players likely to drop in price, build up the monies until the jan wildcard and hopefully have enough to get better players enough to edge out my rivals. Worked out for me last season, time will tell if it'll work again, tougher to guage the rises/falls this time round

You won't make much money this season tbh.

I would avoid -4 if i was you.

102.3 team value and 0.3 in the bank.

101.1 resale value after the wildcard.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    You won't make much money this season tbh.

I would avoid -4 if i was you.

Why? Do you set the algorithms? Many years, the pricing structure changes after a number of GWs and often speeds up towards the end of the season.
    As players hit form, you need as much cash at your disposal as possible. Plus, sometimes -4 can be better than playing your original two players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Post wildcard I'm at 102.1m with 0.5m in the bank. 101.2m resale

Why? Do you set the algorithms? Many years, the pricing structure changes after a number of GWs and often speeds up towards the end of the season.
    As players hit form, you need as much cash at your disposal as possible. Plus, sometimes -4 can be better than playing your original two players.

If you compare the prices of the teams that used the wild card and those that didn't you will see that the value is very close at this stage.

I wouldn't use -4 to get value at this stage because very few players rose more than once in a week and most - if not all - are the players you won't sell anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If you compare the prices of the teams that used the wild card and those that didn't you will see that the value is very close at this stage.

I wouldn't use -4 to get value at this stage because very few players rose more than once in a week and most - if not all - are the players you won't sell anyway.

Most Will be moving out players who are dropping so it does add up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Maybe it's me but I don't get the bold part. What do you mean by "the pricing structure changes"? Also what's with the "speeding up towards the end of the season"?
    I'd say it's more the opposite actually (but maybe I'm not getting where you're coming from). When the season comes to an end you just play for the actual points, there's not anymore a long-term plan with the idea of building up your team resale value in order to afford the most expensive team possible (if you play it well you can gain between £10-15m over the season). I doubt such a thing would be possible this year. The WC-not-included-in-price-changes thing seems to be a direct response to prevent it anyway.

They revise the threshold for rises/falls throughout the season. It takes a lot fewer NTI to rise as the season goes on.
    I've been playing the value game for years and finished 2nd most expensive team in the world a couple of years back.

• Advertisement

I dunno about this to be honest.

I think to have a good value you need to have been watching it and either taking the odd hit or have played a well timed wildcard. Its less about banking 0.2 rises on the wildcard but more about having a good bandwagon in your team who can gain value and then be moved on after a couple of weeks (Naismith, Dier) and promptly getting rid of value vampires like Bojan, Young and co)

My value was struggling till I wildcarded and is now quite good.

There is still a big variance in values as far as I can see. And not necessarily related to whether wildcard played or not, more about how well people have focused on the above imo.

On my Differential FPL app I can sort all my 'rivals' by total value, it's not resale but gives a good guide. On my list are all 20 of the FSA Premier teams and half a dozen others from my leagues. The figure currently ranges from 103.4 (I am second on 103.3) to 99.5!!

Some who i know have wildcarded are under 102, Mr Prodston who has most points on the list is mid table value wise at 102 with hhis wildcard still intact.

I think its still possible to build up a higher than average value but it's more a medium term strategy approach, and unless you are extremely lucky will require a few hits especially early on to get rid of the vampires.

FHFC wrote: »
    I dunno about this to be honest.

I think to have a good value you need to have been watching it and either taking the odd hit or have played a well timed wildcard. Its less about banking 0.2 rises on the wildcard but more about having a good bandwagon in your team who can gain value and then be moved on after a couple of weeks (Naismith, Dier) and promptly getting rid of value vampires like Bojan, Young and co)

My value was struggling till I wildcarded and is now quite good.

There is still a big variance in values as far as I can see. And not necessarily related to whether wildcard played or not, more about how well people have focused on the above imo.

On my Differential FPL app I can sort all my 'rivals' by total value, it's not resale but gives a good guide. On my list are all 20 of the FSA Premier teams and half a dozen others from my leagues. The figure currently ranges from 103.4 (I am second on 103.3) to 99.5!!

Some who i know have wildcarded are under 102, Mr Prodston who has most points on the list is mid table value wise at 102.

I think its still possible to build up a higher than average value but it's more a medium term strategy approach, and unless you are extremely lucky will require a few hits especially early on to get rid of the vampires.

I just don't see a point in taking a hit to bring player for a 0.1 rise.
    The worst part is that there are so many cheap players performing well that the value became not so important to me.

Last season there was Aguero/RVP/Suarez you were heading into and building your value to have them if possible.

This season - Costa and the others (Pelle, Ulloa, Welbeck, Naismith) with Aguero being an option, not a must have now.

Same with the defence - Chelsea is a perfect example.

I know it was only 5 weeks and things settle down later but I will never take a -4 to catch a price rise. No need for that imo and the overall value seems to be about the same for all the active players around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

They revise the threshold for rises/falls throughout the season. It takes a lot fewer NTI to rise as the season goes on.
    I've been playing the value game for years and finished 2nd most expensive team in the world a couple of years back.

Ah right. Never paid attention to that. Thanks for sharing the info ;). Even with this new price changes structure it may be pretty interesting in a couple of weeks/months ;).

I just don't see a point in taking a hit to bring player for a 0.1 rise.
    The worst part is that there are so many cheap players performing well that the value became not so important to me.

I agree. Which is why I said in my post that it's more about getting the short term 2 or 3 week bandwagon like Naismith, or currently hopefully Ulloa. This is still not usually worth a hit, it's more about getting rid of a player dropping two or three times. To me that is worth a hit.

The cheap performing players may not last forever, come January RVP may be essential for all we know. I'd rather have the cash in he the bank.
    the overall value seems to be about the same for all the active players around here.

I don't overly disagree with most of your post, but Im sorry, I have to be pedantic here and point out that my original post contained an example, based on a sample size of about 26 very active players including 20 forum regulars, where the team value range from highest to lowest is 4m (after only 5 weeks as you said). A lot sit around the 102m mark while a few are sitting nearer 103.5, several under 101m and one at 99.5. So I'm gonna have to say that that last statement is simply not correct... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Wildcarded a few weeks back. 103.3 with 0.3 in the bank. 101.7 resale value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement