Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wrong with Eircom Customer Service?

Options
  • 28-08-2014 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

So:

I got letter from Eircom dated 20th of August stating: "Its time to choose your reward!"

And this letter was personally posted for me (my name and address stated on letter)!

Well, I did choose one of the personal reward options what was 
    "Enjoy €10 off your phone bill for six months"

Ringed up on that very day I received that letter 21/08/2014  time 11:25am
    on phone number as provided on letter: 1800 312 012

Eircom Customer Service representative took my reward order I did chose and signed me up for further 12 month contract - usual proceeding: walked me through over the phone with contract terms and conditions ,I needed to say yes here and there ,bla bla bla and all this was done by minutes. She promised to send me email about renewed contract details , but.. this email never arrived..

So couple of days ago I did email to your Customer Service team to remind that I still would like to get this email as a proof.

And I got email today what stated :

Many thanks for your email.
    In regards to your mail we cannot see a record of a contract renewal at this time, we would ask that you please speak to sales section at 1901 via Customer care.
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on [font=Arial, sans-serif]1901 or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you.[/font][/font]
    So picked up phone and ringed to 1901 - lady answered and suggested me to ring 9 am to 1800 312 012 where I will be looked after , while I tried to explain that I ringed to that number already on very first place a week ago : but she did tell me twice (repeated very slowly - like talking to simple person or something)  that I need to ring that number "niiiinee a clooock" and ignored my further questions..

So - dear Eircom :

It is not the first time that happened,

1) I had a trouble when I signed up with Eircom, needed to ring to customer services about four times to get my sign-up order (broadband + phone package ) details right !
    2) And again ,when my contract been renewed: I did contact you numerous times to get my 6 month promised discount off from my bill - you messed up my bill so many times and made me making those un-necessarily complaints over the phone and email before finally one customer representative just placed all 6 month discount in to one single bill...well ,at least, thanks for that !
    If I will be totally honest with you : it's starting to make me tired..
    I see no reason why I shouldn't move anywhere else when my contract with Eircom will be over. 
    Sky customer service is absolutely delight ,but they couldn't deliver actual broadband service (evening download speed issues)..but that was like 2 years ago. Might be worth for another try?

What do you think I should do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Update:

I just did ring ( 28.Aug.2014 time 09:38 ) to 1800 312 012 and went trough contract renewal full procedure with Eircom representative again.

Did it work this time?

Time will tell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    Update:

I just did ring ( 28.Aug.2014 time 09:38 ) to 1800 312 012 and went trough contract renewal full procedure with Eircom representative again.

Did it work this time?

Time will tell..
    Hi Seamus1964

It does sound unusual as this was done over the Phone with an agent the renewal of the Contract should be visible almost right away although there may be a time lag with the email confirmation being sent. i will follow this up for you, if you can send me a PM with the Eircom Account no.

thanks
    Colm

PM Sent

Thank you!

Its a joke...I received two letters (posted mail) confirming that I have re-newed my contract .
    I have two phone calls (recorded) confirming that I entered to new contract and I should receive next 6 months 10 euro discount ( 40 euro instead of 50 euro)
    I have PM from Colm what explains that everything has been sorted and I WILL receive that 10 euro discount for the next 6 months..
    I got my bill yesterday night....nothing...no visible new orders...no 10 euro discount..still fully billed as usual..

How do you communicate to each other in there, Eircom guys?
    Or are you playing whole day "Chinese whispers" ?

That happens with my account like all the time...Eircom , in my personal opinion has the most reliable technical service along with most ridiculous customer care /sales service what's available in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Its a joke...I received two letters (posted mail) confirming that I have re-newed my contract .
    I have two phone calls (recorded) confirming that I entered to new contract and I should receive next 6 months 10 euro discount ( 40 euro instead of 50 euro)
    I have PM from Colm what explains that everything has been sorted and I WILL receive that 10 euro discount for the next 6 months..
    I got my bill yesterday night....nothing...no visible new orders...no 10 euro discount..still fully billed as usual..

How do you communicate to each other in there, Eircom guys?
    Or are you playing whole day "Chinese whispers" ?

That happens with my account like all the time...Eircom , in my personal opinion has the most reliable technical service along with most ridiculous customer care /sales service what's available in Ireland.
    Hi Seamus1964

Just looking at this and sorry to see that this is not resolved. I actually spoke to someone in the team responsible for opting those €10 discounts in and he has done that now. (I really do not know what happened before as I was sure this was done correctly!) This €10 x 6 months should most certainly be applied now. When you get your next bill, if for some unlikely reason it is not, I will apply this as a once off lump sum credit of €60 to the account. However I am confident this will not be neccesary.

regards
    Colm

• Advertisement

Hi Colm!

Got my bill today, and guess - still no discount applied !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Colm!

Got my bill today, and guess - still no discount applied !
    Very sorry to hear this Seamus1964

I'll look in to this further and get back to you as soon as I have clarification from our accounts department

Al

And how long will that take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

And how long will that take?
    Hi Seamus1964, 

I can see from your account that you have now been issued with the 6 months credit in a one off lump sum. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hope dies last

• Advertisement
Advertisement