Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom customer service - or lack of.....

Options
  • 28-08-2014 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Here's a chat i recorded this morning with the eircom online chat service...

You are now connected with Eircom-Rep

me: Hi Eircom-Rep

Eircom-Rep: Welcome to the eircom-sales webchat, my name is Eircom-Rep how can I help you today?

Eircom-Rep: Hi me

me: just wanted to know why this fibre cabinet (XXX_YYY) has been marked live on the wholesale website for over a year and nobody in the area can avail of fibre?

me: I've been asking this question for some time but never get an answer

Eircom-Rep: I'm afraid we would not know why, also to make you aware efibre is not a guaranteed service to anyone.

Eircom-Rep: This means you may or may not get this service.

Eircom-Rep: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

me: so that's why nobody is connected to it?

me: you haven't helped

Eircom-Rep: Thank you for chatting today me. We do value your comments & opinions so could you please take a moment to fill out the exit survey when you click on the “end chat” button. Also please continue to use our online website to keep up to date with any new promotions or offers we have available for you. Again thank you for chatting and have a nice day.

This session has been closed by eircom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

damienirel wrote: »

Eircom-Rep: Welcome to the eircom-sales webchat, my name is Eircom-Rep how can I help you today?

me: just wanted to know why this fibre cabinet (XXX_YYY) has been marked live on the wholesale website for over a year and nobody in the area can avail of fibre?

Eircom-Rep: I'm afraid we would not know why, also to make you aware efibre is not a guaranteed service to anyone.

Eircom-Rep: Thank you for chatting today me. We do value your comments & opinions so could you please take a moment to fill out the exit survey when you click on the “end chat” button. Also please continue to use our online website to keep up to date with any new promotions or offers we have available for you. Again thank you for chatting and have a nice day.

Hi damienirel

Sorry to see this, if you would like to PM me the cabinet details I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Hi damienirel

Sorry to see this, if you would like to PM me the cabinet details I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent

Hi damienirel

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent
    Thanks for that Damien,

I'll request clarification from operations and get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Thanks
    Al

Hi damienirel

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent
    Thanks for that Damien,

I'll request clarification from operations and get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Any update on this - I see some houses are connected in the area?

Hi Alan, Still awaiting a response?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi damienirel
    no reply as of Friday. We will chase this again Monday morning and will be back to you.
    Tony

Hi Alan, Still awaiting a response?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi damienirel

I can confirm that your address is not connected to the efibre VDSL cabinet. While it may be in the 2km range coverage is set on a predefined route and in this case I'm sorry to confirm that efibre broadband is not yet available to your line. Efibre operations have been unable to offer me an indication on when you can expect efibre but I would suggest getting back to me in the New Year and hopefully there will be updated plans that I will be able to check for an update.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Yeah I don't know what route my phone line is taking at the moment - could it be more cabinets planned for the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Yeah I don't know what route my phone line is taking at the moment - could it be more cabinets planned for the area?
    Hi damienirl

There may be more cabinets planned Damien although I think it can also be the case that a cabinet may have been enabled but efibre service is not yet ready to order for all Customers connect to that Cabinet.

As such there are no guaranteed dates given for availability of efibre to individual addresses.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement