Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee in Athenry

Options
  • 28-08-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations to grab a nice but reasonable cup of coffee round Athenry where you could work on a laptop or read a book for a while.

Had an experience over the weekend of being charged €4 for a 'large' coffee at a premises (I asked if they did large coffee and was told it was no problem, I'm afraid being charged that much for coffee was a problem for me :eek:).

So any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭keano89

I'd say the Old Barracks, try the toblerone cheese cake while your there as well, delicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

Drink coffee and read a book in public in athenry?????? Sweet jebus ,get out now before your lynched by the local hurley swinging, turf eating,
    sheep lovin, locals ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

Careful now Stella, who's to say that the book isn't Sean Óg Ó hAilpín's autobio? ( :eek: ) .....slightly unlikely to be honest

And good recommendation on the cheesecake, I'd heard good things before. It's a crying shame though that there aren't more options, even 'town', i.e. city is a bit low on good 'reading' cafes.

Muchas gracias folks

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

roseagra wrote: »
    Looking for recommendations to grab a nice but reasonable cup of coffee round Athenry where you could work on a laptop or read a book for a while.

Had an experience over the weekend of being charged €4 for a 'large' coffee at a premises (I asked if they did large coffee and was told it was no problem, I'm afraid being charged that much for coffee was a problem for me :eek:).

So any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)
    Town Cafe
    Lovely and relaxing with free WiFi. Coffee and scone is only 2.95
    the place is a godsend !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Town Cafe is good. Also check out The Nook... not sure if they have WiFi. The is also a Mocha Beans at Joyces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I'll second (well third) the Town Café, nice coffee and you can linger a while with a book no bother, there's Mocha Beans in Joyce's car park but tends to be overrun by mothers and toddlers

ETA - Dantbyhid - where is The Nook?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I'll second (well third) the Town Café, nice coffee and you can linger a while with a book no bother, there's Mocha Beans in Joyce's car park but tends to be overrun by mothers and toddlers

ETA - Dantbyhid - where is The Nook?

the nook is grand for a takaway crepe but its TINY hence the name.
    its just down the road from Bradys butchers across from Italian restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

keano89 wrote: »
    I'd say the Old Barracks, try the toblerone cheese cake while your there as well, delicious.

This.

nom nom nom...

Advertisement