Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Advice (Dublin)

Options
  • 28-08-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

After reading the well publicised case in Castleknock about tenants refusing to move I'm wondering will this set a precedent?

I have viewed 3 houses in the last month were the tenants refused entry to the viewing, intimated people at the viewing and one declaring that they 'know their rights and wont be moving'

It took 3 years for that case mentioned above for the tenants to vacate, would I be mad buying one of these houses?

Unfortunately that's all that seem to be available or houses in negative equity which I hear can be drawn out too?

Anything remotely decent with a straight forward sale amounts to silly money being paid for it.

I keep reading the property market is recovering but it seems more broken than ever!

Thanks!

k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Assuming you are getting a mortgage I don't think you would be able to buy one of these houses even if you want to. Banks usually insist on vacant possession iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

Unfortunately that's all that seem to be available or houses in negative equity which I hear can be drawn out too?

Check out the 'buying a NE house' thread and see if you have the stomach for it, there is who person on it who is 15 months sale agreed and others not far behind, it wouldn't be for me anyways.

As for buying a house with tenants refusing to vacate, sounds like a can of worms to me and to be avoided.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

vacant possession is the only way to go

Advertisement