Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Swatted" New level of Assh*les?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

'Murica

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

This has been going on for a few years now in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, it's something that's been happening for a long time. There was one earlier in the year that made world news which is the most recent one I can think of.

Sentencing for those caught tends to be a maximum of 5 years if the threat is firearms related and 10 years if bomb-related

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah been happening for a fair length of time now, obviously now more popular with streaming to see if maybe the action unfolds on camera.

What doesn't help is people faking them to gain attention. One female gamer faked someone burgling her house, holding a housemate with a knife, as a way to increase her popularity and viewercount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ah haha. Terrorists win at 1.38 got a chuckle out of me. Nice timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I face palmed so hard when boogie said some of the swat teams where getting AK47s....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Going on a long time. Athene made his fake one last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

15 year old gets 25 to life, good enough for him too.

http://nationalreport.net/15-year-old-swatted-domestic-terrorism/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

15 year old gets 25 to life, good enough for him too.

http://nationalreport.net/15-year-old-swatted-domestic-terrorism/

With suck gamertag "BadAssDwg69" he will enjoy his sentence in Federal prison lol.

Still, 25 years for a Prank call is a bit much ( actually, victims Father was shot and injured during SWAT raid ). Then again, it will be a good example for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

link wont load for me for some reason, copy paste???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69

How cliché.

An example had to be set though, these kinds of jinnits give gaming a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

An example had to be set though, these kinds of jinnits give gaming a bad name.

Wouldnt go that far, if anything it gives the Patriot Act a bad name. 25 years........lol

If you were to try this over here what would happen? Police wouldnt raid a house they were not aware off. So think this will remain a mainly US thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Report

Couple that with no other sites covering the story and you can colour me suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its fake, the pic of the 15 year old being hauled off is from the video of a different case where he beat his girlfriends baby to death.

I thinks ya done been goofed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

''Freedom''

:pac:

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Its fake, the pic of the 15 year old being hauled off is from the video of a different case where he beat his girlfriends baby to death.

I thinks ya done been goofed.

Advertisement