Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Annes Park, Dogs being stolen

• 28-08-2014 12:57pm

Gardai have warned some dog walkers that dogs are being stolen in St Annes Park recently, about 8 dogs have been stolen this summer and it is believed that they are being taken to be sold at markets later on in the year in Co Leitrim. Other dogs have been taken from cars and gardens in the area also.

They are being taken by a certain Irish Demographic with the intent to sell them in the markets in Drumshambo, and this now seems to be a yearly thing.

Always be careful and vigilant when out no matter were you are with your dog.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Gardai have warned some dog walkers that dogs are being stolen in St Annes Park recently, about 8 dogs have been stolen this summer and it is believed that they are being taken to be sold at markets later on in the year in Co Leitrim. Other dogs have been taken from cars and gardens in the area also.

They are being taken by a certain Irish Demographic with the intent to sell them in the markets in Drumshambo, and this now seems to be a yearly thing.

Always be careful and vigilant when out no matter were you are with your dog.

Keep on the lead and they be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 33 crystallamp

Do we have a link or something from the Gardai so this info can be shared?

Do we have a link or something from the Gardai so this info can be shared?

I dont have a link, it came directly from the Gardai yesterday when a dog went missing in the park. Luckily enough that dog was found, but the Gardai told walkers to keep dogs on the lead. Is there a way to request official info from the gardai ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Good to know. Lola and I walk there regularly. We were running around one of the football pitches the other day and there was a man standing at the far end by himself just watching. I thought it was a bit odd, but to be honest, I was thinking more about children who would be around there. I have to admit I forgot about it very quickly.

Lola will be staying on her lead from now on

Advertisement