Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to set up online payment to Credit Union Account

Options
  • 28-08-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

As above. How is this done please? I'm trying to make a payment from my BOI Current account via 365 online to a credit union account. The credit union uses a Correspondent Bank so I need to enter the Correspondent Banks BIC, The Credit Unions BIC,IBAN & Account Number.The problem here is that there are not enough sections on the form in 365 online to enter all this information. How do I overcome this to make a paymet to the Credit Union successfully?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Moanin,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

When you add your Credit Union account as a payee on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, you will need the BIC and IBAN details of the account, then you need to add your Credit Union account number in the reference field. This will ensure that the payment is made into your Credit Union account. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Hi Moanin,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

When you add your Credit Union account as a payee on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, you will need the BIC and IBAN details of the account, then you need to add your Credit Union account number in the reference field. This will ensure that the payment is made into your Credit Union account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for that,but I need to enter the following:
    BIC for Correspondent Bank
    BIC for Credit Union
    IBAN for Credit Union
    Account Number for Credit Union Account

The problem that I'm having is there aren't enough fields on the 365 online screen to enter all this information.

Regards

Adrian

Hi Moanin,

Thanks for your reply. 

To clarify, can I ask is this an Irish Credit Union account you wish to add? As we would not need the correspondent bank details to make a transfer to a credit union account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 

Hi Moanin,

Thanks for your reply. 

To clarify, can I ask is this an Irish Credit Union account you wish to add? As we would not need the correspondent bank details to make a transfer to a credit union account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 
    Hi Sarah,

Yes this is an Irish Credit Union Account.

Do you want me to PM you Account Details?

Thanks

Adrian

Hi Moanin,

Just to confirm, you will not need to enter the correspondent bank details for your credit union account to receive the payment. You only need to enter the BIC, IBAN, and then in the reference field when you are setting up this payee, you will need to enter the credit union account number. 
    Please do not send us your account details on a PM as we don't have account access here. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Moanin wrote: »
    Hi Moanin,

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks

Adrian
    You only need the Credit Union BIC and your IBAN within the Credit Union - no correspondent BIC required.

Legislator wrote: »
    Moanin wrote: »
    Hi Moanin,

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks

Adrian
    You only need the Credit Union BIC and your IBAN within the Credit Union - no correspondent BIC required.
    Cheers for that,

Can BOI Reps please confirm this?

Hi Moanin,

Yes, I have confirmed this in my posts above. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Moanin,

Yes, I have confirmed this in my posts above. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for that. I will go now and set up payee as described.

Thanks!

Advertisement