Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom issue

Options
  • 28-08-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, it's my first post but I've been read a while this forum.

I have few problems with Eircom and I need urgent advice. :(

My facts with eircom:
    - I had my eircom only-internet-account since the middle of June (it took me almost 1 month and a half to set it up and they even misspelled my surname in the letters)

- I moved house on the 30th of July and that day I phoned to move my eircom account too.

- I asked for a technician to came to my new house because there was no socket in the wall to connect the router.

- Two technicians came two my house before the 19th Aug, both of them phoning me only 10min before going (I'm working far from my house). Both of them were going to a wrong address (mix of my actual and my previous address).

- At the beginning the costumer service didn't fix that but then the 19th they CLOSED MY PREVIOUS ACCOUNT to fix their data issues and asked for a new technician to come in 10 working days.

- The 3rd technician phoned me and I told him to wait 30min meanwhile I ran to the house and he agreed. (26th Aug)

- When I came into the house the technician phoned me and told me that he was doing another stuff and maybe come back another day. (26th Aug)

- I asked to put a complaint to the technician and to have a new one asap. They asked me what day was suitable for the technician to came and I said that 28th Aug was ok for me. They said that that day or the day after they'd call me back with the response (never happened) . (26th Aug)

- 28th Aug (today) I called and they said me that the new technician would came any day before the 9th of September.

This story seem to not have end. I would like to cancel the eircom account in order that they can't provide me the service they're supposed to give me and they would break "the contract" before I do.
    Also they cancelled my old account and didn't came to set up the installation of the new one, I don't know if I could have advantage by that even though they said that I have one year lease.
    What should I do to avoid cancellation fees and to have the minimum headache possible?
    Any advice would be well accepted

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

chiwiu wrote: »
    Hello, it's my first post but I've been read a while this forum.

I have few problems with Eircom and I need urgent advice.  :(

My facts with eircom:
    - I had my eircom only-internet-account since the middle of June (it took me almost 1 month and a half to set it up and they even misspelled my surname in the letters)

- I moved house on the 30th of July and that day I phoned to move my eircom account too.

- I asked for a technician to came to my new house because there was no socket in the wall to connect the router.

- Two technicians came two my house before the 19th Aug,  both of them phoning me only 10min before going (I'm working  far from my house).  Both of them were going to a wrong address (mix of my actual and my previous address).

- At the beginning the costumer service didn't fix that but then the 19th they CLOSED MY PREVIOUS ACCOUNT to fix their data issues and asked for a new technician to come in 10 working days.  

- The 3rd technician phoned me and I told him to wait 30min meanwhile I ran to the house and he agreed.  (26th Aug)

- When I came into the house the technician phoned me and told me that he was doing another stuff and maybe come back another day. (26th Aug)

- I asked to put a complaint to the technician and to have a new one asap. They asked me what day was suitable for the technician to came and I said that 28th Aug was ok for me. They said that that day or the day after they'd call me back with the response (never happened) . (26th Aug)

- 28th Aug (today) I called and they said me that the new technician would came any day before the 9th of September.

This story seem to not have end. I would like to cancel the eircom account in order that they can't provide me the service they're supposed to give me and they would break "the contract" before I do.
    Also they cancelled my old account and didn't came to set up the installation of the new one, I don't know if I could have advantage by that even though they said that I have one year lease.
    What should I do to avoid cancellation fees and to have the minimum headache possible?
    Any advice would be well accepted

Thanks
    HI chiwiu

If you would like to PM me the old account number and order numbers involved I would be happy to look in to this furher for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement