Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70.3 Barcelona or 70.3 Mallorca May 2015??

Options
  • 28-08-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just trying to plan my race calendar for next yr and want to get an early HM in.

With IM 70.3 UK selling out in less than 10 mins I don't wanna miss fastest fingers first again....

These look like two good options but i'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who can recommend one over the other - both in terms of race quality, course and price for ancillaries (travel, accomodation etc) assuming there are any differences that is.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Don't know anything about Barcelona but would highly recommend Mallorca 70.3. Did it this year and going back again next year! Accommodation is cheap as chips (loads of apartments on line in Alcudia, ours worked out at approx 100pp for the week) and plenty of activity/bars/cafes all centered around the waterfront.

Course is tough but interesting. Swim is beautiful (warm and clear in the Med), bike is flat other than one major climb (approx 10k but not too steep), run is flat but hot hot hot.

Another option is Lisbon half, which would probably be a slightly faster course but nowhere near as interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Barca is great, beautiful location, start/finish and T2 are very close together...warm swim in the med, tough bike course and nice flat run...just an hours train from barca city centre as well

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭miked78

Barca is fab location. Calella is a lovely town. Bike course is tough, if you are a strong climber it will suit. Nearly everyone this year was on a road bike and after doing it I could see why. Swim and run straightforward. Temp was nice in May, not too warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Both races in spain you mention are great. But since you pencilled in 70.3 uk . I would say that tri an mhi is as good and so much easier to get to. and if you want get away you could go training for a week in spain and get more out of it than travelling to a race
    my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

peter kern wrote: »
    Both races in spain you mention are great. But since you pencilled in 70.3 uk . I would say that tri an mhi is as good and so much easier to get to. and if you want get away you could go training for a week in spain and get more out of it than travelling to a race
    my 2 cents

Good thinking Peter, never looked at it like that and the added bonus I could get a week's training abroad too (assuming I can get a free pass:).

Thanks to all, great feedback

• Advertisement
Advertisement