Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT New Students 2014 - 2015

Options
  • 28-08-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I noticed that there is no thread for new students at LIT in 2014 - 2015, so I decided to create one. :)

I'm going into 2nd year in Accounting & Finance.

Anyone else new to LIT this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Username1_

neo2010 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I noticed that there is no thread for new students at LIT in 2014 - 2015, so I decided to create one. :)

I'm going into 2nd year in Accounting & Finance.

Anyone else new to LIT this year?

Going into 1st year as mature student my course is Business Studies with sports management. Pretty nervous must admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 punchtalks

Hey! I'm new too, great of you to post this :) I got a couple of questions!
    I had a bit of trouble understanding the timetables for induction... Are they all from Monday 8th to Friday 12th? For every course?
    Also any idea how much student parking is?
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 badger93

Starting 1st year of Software Development.
    Haven't heard anything from them yet since accepting my place.
    I'm 21, so hoping there are some people of similar age in my course haha

punchtalks wrote: »
    I had a bit of trouble understanding the timetables for induction... Are they all from Monday 8th to Friday 12th? For every course?
    Thank you!

Where did you get timetable? Haven't heard anything from college also. When I was up ther for interview they weren't charging for car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Yeah, the timetables are up at http://www.lit.ie/Induction/default.aspx

Every course is covered, so anyone left wondering what times they have to go in can check there.

Haven't heard anything either from LIT since accepting the place.

Bit nervous myself aswell, but should be good. :D

• Advertisement

punchtalks wrote: »
    Thank you!

Yeah, the timetables are from Monday 8th to Friday 12th.

Some courses are in Tuesday, like law & taxation, and some are in Monday like hospitality studies.

Yeah, the timetables are from Monday 8th to Friday 12th.

Some courses are in Tuesday, like law & taxation, and some are in Monday like hospitality studies.

Oh cool, thank you!
    I wonder what 'Academic Consultation' consists of. I'm a bit anxious about starting and everything is scaring me haha.

badger93 wrote: »
    Oh cool, thank you!
    I wonder what 'Academic Consultation' consists of. I'm a bit anxious about starting and everything is scaring me haha.

Haha, don't worry - induction is simply meeting with your lecturers and information about the classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Parking is €2 a day (I think) although you can buy a monthly pass online (http://www.parkbytext.ie/) which gives you a week for €8 or a month for €30

Was doing my registration this morning thought LIT would of been more relaxed about fees for those who are waiting for susi to get back to them. Disaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 tipp2k12

Username1_ wrote: »
    Was doing my registration this morning thought LIT would of been more relaxed about fees for those who are waiting for susi to get back to them. Disaster!

LIT are pretty relaxed about fees while your waiting for SUSI to get back to you. What problem are you having?

tipp2k12 wrote: »
    LIT are pretty relaxed about fees while your waiting for SUSI to get back to you. What problem are you having?

Was doing online reg when it came to fees said pay now or pay later but need letter from Susi confirming your grant. Rang LIT & asked about this they said something will need to be paid

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tipp2k12

Was doing online reg when it came to fees said pay now or pay later but need letter from Susi confirming your grant. Rang LIT & asked about this they said something will need to be paid

Really? I have been in LIT for four years and I always selected pay later and showed them the letter once I received it. I don't think you need to worry.

I saw that too, I think they are just trying to get those who have the money to pay up.

tipp2k12 wrote: »
    Really? I have been in LIT for four years and I always selected pay later and showed them the letter once I received it. I don't think you need to worry.

Was the letter just to show you applied for the grant?

I saw that too, I think they are just trying to get those who have the money to pay up.

Are you going for grant also? Did you hit pay later button?

Are you going for grant also? Did you hit pay later button?

Yes I just hit pay later, I won't have a cent to give them until the grant comes in. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure plenty of students are in the same boat.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Thanks evryone for your help! Good luck this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spritzernitzle

Yes I just hit pay later, I won't have a cent to give them until the grant comes in. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure plenty of students are in the same boat.

I'm in the same boat myself, just registered yesterday and was taken by surprise with the demand for the fee,
    I'm still waiting on susi myself, but my mind has really been put at ease reading this :)

I'm in the same boat myself, just registered yesterday and was taken by surprise with the demand for the fee,
    I'm still waiting on susi myself, but my mind has really been put at ease reading this :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one! Might give admissions a ring tomorrow & see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kev93iconic

Starting 1st year Software Development. Just discovered the Induction timetable.

Just so I know, cause I over think the bejesus out of **** like this all the time, I'm definitely not in until next Wednesday, right? Don't have to go in on Monday at all, yes? I know its a stupid question but I don't want to make a stupid mistake of not turning up to an important part of induction.

Everyone else looking forward to the year?

Don't pay anything for at least a month. That way, if you decide the course is not for you, you've nothing lost, if that makes sense! LIT usually are pretty relaxed about money, if you explain your circumstances. It's just the Accountants doing their job!

Starting 1st year Software Development. Just discovered the Induction timetable.

Just so I know, cause I over think the bejesus out of **** like this all the time, I'm definitely not in until next Wednesday, right? Don't have to go in on Monday at all, yes? I know its a stupid question but I don't want to make a stupid mistake of not turning up to an important part of induction.

Everyone else looking forward to the year?

Hey man,

No, definitely not until wednesday - just checked for you.

Don't worry, the induction is a snoozefest anyway :D

Hey man,

You mean it's NOT about the Students Union telling you about all the best boozers and party venues?:eek:

You mean it's NOT about the Students Union telling you about all the best boozers and party venues?:eek:

Oh no, it's almost a snoozefest - except for the student union talk :)

But, it's ok, I know every boozer in Limerick anyway.

Hey man,

Cheers man! Looking forward to it

Cheers man! Looking forward to it

Was wondering about it myself, not in until Tuesday. Everybody going to student accomodation or renting privately? Going to cratloe myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 quantumphysics

Incoming first year student here, doing Video & Sound Production and quite nervous if i'm being honest :P
    One question, are the induction days necessary? I have 2 this week on Wed & Thurs but will be busy Wednesday and could probably make it Thursday but I'm worried i'll miss some important things, any help would be great - cheers and look forward to seeing you all on campus

Incoming first year student here, doing Video & Sound Production and quite nervous if i'm being honest :P
    One question, are the induction days necessary? I have 2 this week on Wed & Thurs but will be busy Wednesday and could probably make it Thursday but I'm worried i'll miss some important things, any help would be great - cheers and look forward to seeing you all on campus

If you really can't make the induction, you should at least go to the id production slot on the timetable.

Rest is alright if you can't be there.

• Advertisement

Was wondering about it myself, not in until Tuesday. Everybody going to student accomodation or renting privately? Going to cratloe myself.

Well I'm living at home so I'm bussing it for the year at least. City bus of course so not far to travel at all

Advertisement