Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers week

Options
  • 28-08-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

When is freshers week. Starting general science in Kevin street. Induction 9th and 10th sept

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Freshers' week starts the 15th, Clubs and Socs Week is the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 student18

Thank you. Are there classes on in freshers week (sorry but clueless here :)). Unfortunately I may not be able to attend but don't want to miss anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

i think theres 2 weeks of freshers week this year however dates for clubs and socs weeks are as followed
    Monday 22nd Sept – DIT Kevin St
    Tuesday 23rd Sept – DIT Aungier St
    Wednesday 24th Sept – Church across the road from DIT Cathal Brugha St
    Thursday 25th Sept – DIT Bolton St

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

What is freshers week and freshers fortnight? Keep hearing about them but no idea what they are.

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    What is freshers week and freshers fortnight? Keep hearing about them but no idea what they are.
    essential drink nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

bpb101 wrote: »
    essential drink nights

Yes! That's what I like to hear! When does it start? And is it for two weekends?

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    Yes! That's what I like to hear! When does it start? And is it for two weekends?
    no , dit effectively closes on a friday. this is weekdays things not weeekends. 90% of things in dit is mon -thur
    im in kevin st and when you walk in on a friday morning up to 11-12 ish you can count the amount of people in the su and arround mid day still low numbers

one of my exams durning the summer was on a friday. got out just after 6. only basic lights on , place dead. library closed.
    Thursday is the big nights for events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1234567A

Do the freshers week bands from other colleges (mainly ucd and tcd) all give access to the same night clubs or are the clubs for each college different?

1234567A wrote: »
    Do the freshers week bands from other colleges (mainly ucd and tcd) all give access to the same night clubs or are the clubs for each college different?
    each college difference things. However , there MAY be a cross organized night between dit itt itb. they tried doing this at the end of last year something happened and it went down in flames. They had sold tickets and everything. I think they are trying to connect the dublin it's su more due to the TU plans. Also DCU might organised things with st.pats teaching school as there plans to merge them together. But im just guessing here. There wont be anything with tcd and ucd &dit.

TCD do there Things on campus i think,Not sure about ucd

Also if anybody is interested here is an up to date list of all the clubs(sports clubs) in dit The list on the societys page is old and outdated with new socs set up and old ones now gone.
    but feel free to ask if ____ is in dit and ill try to answer.

also some clubs and socs expand into similar fields
    such as rifle club do clay shooting , and others so if you dont see your sport or soc there ask us and i may know.

sports club list http://www.ditsports.ie/download/streamfile/979/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Any word on where the Freshers Balls will be held?

will prob be posted here first https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ditsu-Ents/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

The Academy! Second week, Thursday if I remember correctly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Oh the horror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

cheers

Advertisement